Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Kevin Gilbert - THUD 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

If you attended a Tears For Fears concert anywhere from 2005-2011, there's a good chance you heard a Kevin Gilbert (or related) song prior to the start of the concert. I chose the playlist throughout those years. Often times there were unreleased gems scattered about. It was nice to look out into the crowd and see people tapping their toes and bobbing their heads to some of Kevin's music. In fact, I often threw in some Spock's Beard, NDV solo, Keneally, Owsley, Jellyfish, and more. We did get attendees asking about certain tracks at the sound desk.

Here is a casual stage check in Singapore from 2010. We had the PA running the pre-show music for balance levels prior to the doors opening.

Posted in the "NDV questions" thread, but that thread will probably die out after some time.

The Vinyl Guide presents

Ep233: The Recording Archive of Kevin Gilbert

Although Kevin Gilbert died at age 29, he left a tremendous musical legacy and a studio full of tapes in various states of completion. We explore the life, projects, rarities and tape archive of Kevin Gilbert Official.

Listen Here

very cool discussion Gruno! atlhough I'm not a Patreon and suspect there was more about the Shaming vinyl.

I've never heard this podcast, Vinyl Guide, but noticed Steven Wilson and Mike Portnoy among others were in the past few years which I'm going to have to check out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    very cool discussion Gruno! atlhough I'm not a Patreon and suspect there was more about the Shaming vinyl.

I've never heard this podcast, Vinyl Guide, but noticed Steven Wilson and Mike Portnoy among others were in the past few years which I'm going to have to check out as well.
    I do not know what was edited and left for Patreon listeners.

From FaceBook:

For us to begin digital streaming and digital sales of Kevin Gilbert music, we have had to ask online services to remove unauthorized media. YouTube, Spotify, etc., are in the process of removing all unauthorized Kevin Gilbert content. This is necessary for us to move forward.

Please help by not uploading Kevin Gilbert recordings to online sites, including torrent hosting.

Visit our official YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/officialkevingilbert

Thank you.

New crowdfunding campaign has begun: http://kevingilbert.com

You Are Here - A Kevin Gilbert Video Podcast

This video podcast celebrates the life and music of Kevin Gilbert, featuring first-hand discussions and interviews with those who knew him well. Recording session insights, observances; anecdotes and remembrances; selections of never-before-heard tracks direct from the vaults — even tech talk! Whether you are still discovering the music of Kevin Gilbert, or have been a fanatic for years, you are bound to find something to love here.

Premiering October 2020 on YouTube

sounds awesome!