Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Gilbert - THUD 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

Kevin Gilbert - THUD 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

The previous thread for this was for 2014 Kevin Gilbert news. In this thread, we can discuss this (impending) release...

THUD: 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
    On Sale - Monday - January 19th, 2015
    at www.KevinGilbert.com

"Shadow Self" lyric sheeted penned by Kevin Gilbert.

This was a guide used by Kevin when he recorded vocals for "Shadow Self".

Lovely news
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

finally up for sale.

http://kevingilbert.com/

Just order the 2 LP 180gram + 3 CD Set

Ordered the 3CD-set. This time the shipping-costs ($22.61) did hurt a bit (and I'm affraid the customs officer will add some more), but that's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Ordered the 3CD-set. This time the shipping-costs ($22.61) did hurt a bit (and I'm affraid the customs officer will add some more), but that's worth it.
    Yes, understood. It is a heavy package. Shipping prices have increased drastically in the past couple of years. We have done our best to keep all costs as low as possible. In fact, we delayed the on-sale date by a few days as we were looking at every way possible to keep the shipping & handling cost down.

"Martin Luther King has a Blonde, White Girlfriend"

Nice tribute to Dr King there Minnesota!

Hey, when I try to order the 3 cd THUD and also the combo TM Acoustic / Lamb collection, the cart only contains the last one I select, not all of them.

I'm WAITING.... for the website to do as it's told....
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Ordered the 3CD-Version. Yes, the shipping cost is high, but it's not your fault! Anyway, the release will be worth it, I hope!

Weird...for some odd reason (not sure if it's my browser or the site), I can only get 1 item in the cart at a time. If I pick Thud, it's there. If I add the Giraffe, it's there but Thud is gone. If I re-add Thud, it shows up again (no Giraffe), and with a quantity of 2.

I'm on a work machine so maybe it's something there. I'll try again tonight...
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The page does say Thud can't be combined with anything else. Packaging reasons, I guess.

Looks like an awesome package, but it's too expensive for me. I'm not a die-hard Kevin fan though.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Weird...for some odd reason (not sure if it's my browser or the site), I can only get 1 item in the cart at a time. If I pick Thud, it's there. If I add the Giraffe, it's there but Thud is gone. If I re-add Thud, it shows up again (no Giraffe), and with a quantity of 2.

I'm on a work machine so maybe it's something there. I'll try again tonight...
    Yeah, I had the same problem (I always purchase every release). I had my THUD items in my cart and went to add some other discs and the cart only showed the current item. For an hour or so, the disclaimer did not appear by the CD set.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    The page does say Thud can't be combined with anything else. Packaging reasons, I guess.
    Yes, the packaging is designed to hold only THUD. Even when you order multiple sets, there is specific packaging for that. The 3-CD set along with the 2 LP set comes in at 3 lbs.

Oh....DUR. No worries. Will order separately then

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Looks like an awesome package, but it's too expensive for me. I'm not a die-hard Kevin fan though.
    Ahh, that's unfortunate. I was hoping you would get the CDs. You had mentioned before that you felt THUD was too polished. I was looking forward to your review of the alternate versions to see if you enjoyed those better than the original release.

Yeah, I missed the BIG GLARING IMPORTANT message staring me in the face about the separate shipping.
    After spending a lifetime of digging deep into troubleshooting problems I can't see the obvious anymore!
    I'm trying to save some cash so combined shipping would have been nice. Bummer.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Ahh, that's unfortunate. I was hoping you would get the CDs. You had mentioned before that you felt THUD was too polished. I was looking forward to your review of the alternate versions to see if you enjoyed those better than the original release.
    True, I probably would like the alternative versions better. I think the 3CD set & the Booklet is over-the-top for my personal level of fandom. I think a 2CD set of the best bonus/alternative tracks is more my speed. I don't need to see more pictures and memorabilia of Kevin. Though, I understand a lot of people do, and I'm sure it'll sell out.

Sorry about this one. I really was interested in it.

It was very difficult to acquire the license to release THUD. The Estate has been wanting to do a re-release for years upon years. Once the rights were obtained, we knew we only had one shot at this so we decided to make it a book set. It originally started out as 2 CDs, but early on, I realized that the set needed to be 3 discs. The book isn't just pictures and memorabilia. There are elements that take you through the process of creating THUD from Kevin's perspective. It's not really a fan-fest book. It's more of an index of the THUD era. It's packed. We've been pretty adamant about not releasing too much information about the contents. When people start receiving these (probably by Thursday/Friday) they will see for themselves and judge if their purchase was worth it or not.

Who knows, maybe you might change your mind.

Purchase made, looking forward to receiving it in the next week or so... One of the great semi-overlooked albums out there.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Yes, understood. It is a heavy package. Shipping prices have increased drastically in the past couple of years. We have done our best to keep all costs as low as possible. In fact, we delayed the on-sale date by a few days as we were looking at every way possible to keep the shipping & handling cost down.
    Don't worry. I'm not complaining. It's like buying a book, isn't it? Would be strange if it weren't at least twice as high as the light, cardboard-sleeved Giraffe and Toy Matinee. Thanks anyway for your efford of to keep the S&H cost down!!

B.t.w. I had trouble using Paypay, so I ordered it with my credit card. Don't know if others had this too. Nothing was charged though. Got a nice (automatic?) apologize-email from CCNow.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Ordered!
    Chad

B.t.w. I had trouble using Paypay, so I ordered it with my credit card. Don't know if others had this too. Nothing was charged though. Got a nice (automatic?) apologize-email from CCNow.
    Right on!

I don't handle the fulfillment, but I do forward any feedback to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Ordered!

Don't worry. I'm not complaining. It's like buying a book, isn't it? Would be strange if it weren't at least twice as high as the light, cardboard-sleeved Giraffe and Toy Matinee. Thanks anyway for your efford of to keep the S&H cost down!!

I may just have to call Paypal "Paypay" from now on...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by zorknapp View Post
    I may just have to call Paypal "Paypay" from now on...

Mike

Ahh, those typo's....