Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanguine Hum - Now We Have Light Promo

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    Worry not Oreb...it's pretty much the same level of influence as on Weight. Just double length

The new record sounds great, very much enjoyed it. Unique!

Lovely stuff. Really looking forward to getting this CD.

All this praise for The Weight of the World, but I encourage you to check out the debut The Diving Bell. Lots of lovely textures, such as on Nothing Between Us.

This new one sounds very promising, too!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    All this praise for The Weight of the World, but I encourage you to check out the debut The Diving Bell. Lots of lovely textures, such as on Nothing Between Us.
    I agree. I started with Weight of the World, and liked it so much I went back and got Diving Bell. At this point, I think I like them about equally. I think they're both very strong albums, with a lot of subtlety that takes a while to fully appreciate.

Bill

Ordered already (of course). Can't wait to hear it all.

I've been listening to Nuns/Hum, since I first heard the Double Egg ep, quite a few years ago. All good stuff!

P.S. There really ought to be a reissue of the three Nuns EPs and the JW Band CD (and the singles).

(Just saying)

Quote Originally Posted by The Twickerman View Post
    P.S. There really ought to be a reissue of the three Nuns EPs and the JW Band CD (and the singles).

(Just saying)
    Been sayin' that myself for some time. I've got Double Egg and Tepid, but only heard the debut EP on Spotify. Those three would fit on a single CD, and there's even be 18 minutes leftover for eventual bonus stuff. I'd buy at least two copies.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

(Just saying)
    God...it's WANT WANT WANT from you Loebner, isn't it???

Songs For Days reissue definitely in the early planning stages...and yep, hopefully with all those extra tracks of which there are loads from the JWB era.

God...it's WANT WANT WANT from you Loebner, isn't it???

Songs For Days reissue definitely in the early planning stages...and yep, hopefully with all those extra tracks of which there are loads from the JWB era.
    I am NOTHING if not consistent!

Very much looking forward to this

File under: "Modern bands who are every bit as good as classic era stuff, but don't get anywhere near the credit or acclaim that they deserve"
    ... In my humble band filing system anyway ...

Phil.

Absolutely beautiful preview, stunning really, can't wait to get this................

Just listening to the album for the first time now... it's fantastic!!!!!!!

I am out of superlatives. Just brilliant guys. Love it.

Out in 10 days. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

2015 has started brilliantly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by squ1ggle View Post
    Very much looking forward to this

File under: "Modern bands who are every bit as good as classic era stuff, but don't get anywhere near the credit or acclaim that they deserve"
    ... In my humble band filing system anyway ...

Phil.

It is a most excellent album, if it's not on best of lists (apart from those who really go for metal tinged Prog) I will eat my hat!!!

Thanks everyone...not long to go now. Day of release is a week today. (ya see what I did there???)

Looking forward to playing HRH in March. Rehearsal was sounding great yesterday

Matt.

I sure hope this sells well enough to warrant a vinyl release. I'll get them both.

I'll get it anyway. I'd have gotten it if it came out on cassette exclusively.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

My only exposure to this band has been this thread and the teaser that's on the first page, and on the strength of that alone I know I'll gladly buy this CD.
    Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    My only exposure to this band has been this thread and the teaser that's on the first page, and on the strength of that alone I know I'll gladly buy this CD.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Same here.

Thanks everyone...not long to go now. Day of release is a week today. (ya see what I did there???)

Looking forward to playing HRH in March. Rehearsal was sounding great yesterday

Matt.
    Any gigs lined up besides the HRH?

Any gigs lined up besides the HRH?
    Probably some more nearer summer fingers crossed.

FYI, wrote my review today. Had a lot of fun with it because the story of Now We Have Light is, well, so much fun too!

Expect to see if later this week. I'll post a link, as usual.

But this is one terrific record, and I say that as someone who loves the other SH albums and, thanks to Matt and Joff, has now been introduced to Antique Seeking Nuns, Nunbient and Joff Winks Band..all of which make perfect sense as the precursors to Sanguine Hum. I'd say that there'd be no Sanguine Hum had there not been Antique Seeking Nuns, Nunbient and Joff Winks Band, in fact. There's a connective thread that runs through all of them, leading imevitably to Sanguine Hum.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I'd say that there'd be no Sanguine Hum had there not been Antique Seeking Nuns, Nunbient and Joff Winks Band, in fact.
    And you'd be right

So I'm seeing this start to appear with domestic US vendors. I see both a CD only version and aversion with a DVD. Can someone tell me what's on the DVD? I haven't been able to find any info on it. Thanks.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    So I'm seeing this start to appear with domestic US vendors. I see both a CD only version and aversion with a DVD. Can someone tell me what's on the DVD? I haven't been able to find any info on it. Thanks.

Bill
    http://troopersforsound.com/catalogu...we-have-light/

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Can someone tell me what's on the DVD? I haven't been able to find any info on it.
    Hi Bill

The DVD has a 70 minute documentary on the making of the album, including tracking sessions for most of the songs plus overdubs including our guest, the jazz musician Jim Hart. Cut into the film are interviews with all of us conducted by Michael Bjorn who writes for strange days magazine in Japan, and who is a big fan and so knew what stuff to ask There's also 20 mins of deleted scenes...basically an extension of the main film. The DVD edition has expanded packaging too, with extra artwork and a fold out digi pack rather than jewel case.

Hope that helps!

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Hi Bill

The DVD has a 70 minute documentary on the making of the album, including tracking sessions for most of the songs plus overdubs including our guest, the jazz musician Jim Hart. Cut into the film are interviews with all of us conducted by Michael Bjorn who writes for strange days magazine in Japan, and who is a big fan and so knew what stuff to ask There's also 20 mins of deleted scenes...basically an extension of the main film. The DVD edition has expanded packaging too, with extra artwork and a fold out digi pack rather than jewel case.

Hope that helps!

Matt.
    Thank you both very much, that was exactly what I wanted to know!

Bill