Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keith Emerson on CBS Sunday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    What the frell is "keyboarist"? Is this some sort of abbreviation for keyboardist??? How are we supposed to know what all of these words mean?!?? Waaah!
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Keyborist. Someone who bores with keyboards. Keith was anything but boring. I'd go with, say, Yanni.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    O, poor n00b.

Since u need help: CBS = Columbia Broadcasting System, Laurens Hammond was the creator of the Hammond Organ, and Keith Emerson is a famous prog rock keyboarist.

U R welcome.
    Don't mind him GuitarGeek - Mathias has been offending people since the rec.music.progressive days.

For those who didn't see the program, it was a very short piece. The text on the webpage was the whole script. Yes, they miss some folks who probably should have been included, but the whole segment was a minute or two at most.

Well that deteriorated quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Keyborist.
    No no no, it's key boarist -- the main person who manages the boar.
    Last edited by Dusty Chalk; 01-13-2015 at 04:55 AM.
    rcarlberg: Is there anything sadder than a song that has never been played?
    Plasmatopia: Maybe a song in D minor that has never been played?

bob_32_116: That would be a terrific triple bill: Cyan, Magenta and Yello.

trurl: The Odyssey: "He's trying to get home."

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    I saw the segment, thought the Emerson was an interesting inclusion, especially how they focused on his abusing the instrument rather than his keyboard talent.
    I was also curios about the omission of other R&B and Jazz guys like Booker T or Jack McDuff or Jimmy McGriff or newer guys like John Medeski or Joey DeFrancesco.
    Nice to see Hammond get noticed either way.
    They didn't mention the king of Jazz organ, Jimmy Smith! Or, the first Hammond star, Ethel Smith.

BTW, I was mistaken. That was not Jon Lord, but Gregg Allman.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Don't mind him GuitarGeek - Mathias has been offending people since the rec.music.progressive days.

I realize that GG, being a guitarist and a geek, is doubly handicapped and, by default, mentally retar ... (excuse me, not PC) I mean “special”. Additionally many hours spent being barraged by having his Marshalls cranked to “11” has severely damaged his remaining brain cells. So, it is necessary to explain things to him in the simplest terms.

Yes, it was an odd choice of players they picked, but the fact they put Keith in there, is all aces in my book! I was shouting when it came on, totally unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I hate abbreviations's.
    Last Saturday night at 11:30PM, I turned on my 3-D RCA HD TV and tuned to NBC to watch SNL. That show has become such a POS. And, the musical guests are mostly these lame AOL RnR bands. They never had groups like ELP, KC, or PFM. My mind drifted back to the time I drove from NYC to LA (with a side trip to SF) in my MGB-GT with only an AM-FM to listen to. But, that is still better than MPEGs. Although, I like CDs and DVD-As, I miss LPs.

Ahh, the GOD.

---

SWLABR
    Last edited by A. Scherze; 01-13-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Yes, it was an odd choice of players they picked, but the fact they put Keith in there, is all aces in my book! I was shouting when it came on, totally unexpected.
    It was a nice treat. It was also cool that they actually did even a small segment on the Hammond considering how that once ubiquitous instrument has faded from view.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    I realize that GG, being a guitarist and a geek, is doubly handicapped and, by default, mentally retar ... (excuse me, not PC) I mean “special”. Additionally many hours spent being barraged by having his Marshalls cranked to “11” has severely damaged his remaining brain cells. So, it is necessary to explain things to him in the simplest terms.
    This is really uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    This is really uncalled for.

Agreed. Between some of the mean spirited comments and the posters that feel compelled to enter every thread to post a "witty" one-liner, sometimes I have to convince myself that the majority of PE are older than I am (44). This becomes increasingly difficult when reading threads like this.

Everyone involved, try to be a little more courteous. You don't HAVE to post what you're thinking.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.