Thread: My New Song/Recording - George Harrison/Moodies influence (it's free :)...

My New Song/Recording - George Harrison/Moodies influence (it's free :)...

Hey everyone,...

Just wanted to get some feedback on a new recording. It's more of a crossover prog kind of song. Fairly strong George Harrison influence in the chords etc (like a lot of my pop-ier stuff). The proggiest moment would be the orchestrated climax at the end. The tuba was lifted from Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer" and given "the treatment" - ie: layering etc. The lyrics are right there on the page. What say ye?

https://jimjose.bandcamp.com/track/the-lighthouse
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

I thought it was quite good.... Could be my ipad but the vocals sound too far back. Nice job.
    Still alive and well...

Thanks for the input. That's just the kind of feedback I was looking for... hard to make these judgements sometimes, depending on the song. I will bear that in mind... Cheers!
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

Are the drums real? Sample looped?
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    I thought it was quite good.... Could be my ipad but the vocals sound too far back. Nice job.
    I agree. The vocals are pretty buried. Nice piece, though. I like the guitar work.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Funny,... I was being conservative with the vox because I didn't want to be obnoxious about it I shall make the change

The drums are played by hand on keys (w overdubs). A lot of them came from a Roland JV1010 module