Thread: The Morning Lasted All Day: A Retrospective Dream Academy

Banned

The Morning Lasted All Day: A Retrospective Dream Academy

Anybody listen to this remastered CD compilation of Dreamy Academy's 3 albums?

No, but I have all 3 & love DA.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    No, but I have all 3 & love DA.
    CDs? I have vinyl of Life in a Northern Town. Do the CDs sound good? The reviews of this remaster is good.

They sound quite good to me, but I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of the Audiophile Party.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

This compilation is relevant to my interests
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Very fond memories of the band. Haven't listened to them in ages, though. Should pull 'em out again now.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I enjoy the new compilation very much. There's a few songs that they left out that I feel should have been included but otherwise well worth getting.

Later this month, Cherry Red is releasing a 7-CD Box Set featuring their three official albums and including literally 4 CDs worth of Instrumentals, Demos, B-Sides and other assorted previously unreleased tracks. I definitely like these guys, but not sure about 7-CDs worth. Looks pretty complete for band enthusiasts for sure.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...s-7cd-box-set/