Thread: Music in my car question

Music in my car question

Merry Christmas everyone!
    I recently received a new company car which had a display screen like all the new cars have. This is first time I've had a vehicle with all the
    new screens and touch features. So here's my question: Why do some CD's display the title and song while other CD's just display track 1,2, etc.
    with no info on the song title etc..?

Not all CDs take advantage of the "metadata" capabilities of the format.

What drives me nuckin' futz is burning my own CDRs -- sometimes when I load in all that data it shows up, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Not all CDs take advantage of the "metadata" capabilities of the format.

What drives me nuckin' futz is burning my own CDRs -- sometimes when I load in all that data it shows up, but not always.
    Yeah, but sometimes Im also just too lazy ...especially on my original material, which I have to write in to each file via The Properties menu in SoundForge including a graphic....The funny part is that there is only one factory default which is "Genre: Blues" so, if I don't write it in, everything I do comes up as "Blues"

My new car stereo displays (I think) the first 16 characters, then scrolls to display the rest. Has resulted in some hilarious truncations -- the other day something with "analysis" in the title only displayed the first four letters.

what puzzles me is - in my or my wife's car - when I put in an official copy of a CD release, the song titles show up as Track 1, Track 2, etc. when I dl an album, convert to wav and burn to CDR, those song titles show up. WFT?

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    what puzzles me is - in my or my wife's car - when I put in an official copy of a CD release, the song titles show up as Track 1, Track 2, etc. when I dl an album, convert to wav and burn to CDR, those song titles show up. WFT?
    There are two levels of metadata. Some players read one layer, some computers read another.

It's a pain the the rump to have to type in all the titles, artist, date, genre etc twice.