Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The mother of all prog

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I have a lot of respect for Wendy Carlos. If you've ever read her "blog" and the books from her boxed set, you know how brilliant she is.

And I have a lot of respect for anyone who makes a change like she did. It takes a ton of conviction, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    On her website Wendy is still referred to as "her" even before the gender change. Not once is "Walter" mentioned on there. You yourself said you think of her as a woman so why mention her as Walter? Maybe it's just me but that just seems wrong somehow.
    I have albums by both of them... Eerily similar.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Well that must be the later version but not the current version which I'm sure doesn't say "Walter." But anyway, I was referring to the original version.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 12-17-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Lets not forget the other two of the Holy Trininty at the BBC Radiophonic workshop in the 50s and 60s though, John Baker and Brian Hodgson. And later on jazz man and egghead David Cain.
    I’ve already gone on about my admiration of Brian Hodgson’s post-RW work at Electrophon Studios, in particular his two albums with John Lewis under the Wavemaker moniker. Where Are We Captain? is a must-hear for electronic enthusiasts.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I’ve already gone on about my admiration of Brian Hodgson’s post-RW work at Electrophon Studios, in particular his two albums with John Lewis under the Wavemaker moniker. Where Are We Captain? is a must-hear for electronic enthusiasts.
    +1

This is a MUST HAVE CD, I've had it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by rael74 View Post
    You can't re-invent the past. George Lucas tried that. The person who created the Clockwork Orange soundtrack had a pair of yarbles... Right-right droogs?
    No.

Was Hodgons involved with the Zygoat album?

Has anyone mentioned Daphne Oram yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof View Post
    Was Hodgons involved with the Zygoat album?
    I don’t know how involved he was in Zygoat apart from having it recorded in his studio and maybe involvement in the production. My understanding is that it was largely/entirely the work of American composer Burt Alcantara.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

I love the Doctor Who theme, particularly the original!