Thread: The Soundtrack of Our Lives - anyone else familiar with this band?

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - anyone else familiar with this band?

Swedish alternative/retro/psych prog band that scored a hit on the indie radio stations in the US in the early 00s. I just dug out their Behind the Music CD this weekend and damn, I forgot how good this is. Filled with hooks, crisp and full production, passionate performance. Anyone have any of their other albums?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

This is one of those bands I only have one album of (Communion), just because it has a Nick Drake-cover on it (Fly). Wouldn't recognize a single note if I would play the album today...

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I have 'Behind The Music' and 'Origin Vol. 1.' If you like one, you'll like the other. Until now, I didn't even know they had 6 albums. Clearly, I'm not an expert on the band. But they sound good to me.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

This is one of those bands whom I have liked everything I have heard from them, but never really explored them further. Not sure why. Didn’t some of the members of this band morph into another fairly well known band? Not sure, maybe I am getting them mixed up with something else.

That is one catchy tune. Keyboardist Martin Hederos plays in Tonbruket, the Swedish jazz-rock group formed by Bassist Dan Berglund, formerly of the Esbjorn Svensson Trio.

Bought the first 3 albums. Later sold the first or second album, pretty sure it was the debut, which just didn't seem as good as the next two. You'll hear a song that sounds like The Who, followed by one that sounds like Pink Floyd, followed by one that echoes The Rolling Stones, etc., all circa 1968-1970. Need to pull these out again. I did get tired of the lead vocals and lyrics, and I think that's why I don't play them very often.

I haven't heard the name in a while but I remember them. I think I saw them on tv once and they were pretty good.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Saw them live in London, summer 97. Liked them then, had their first two albums, then very quickly tired ofthe whole indie scene, that became very generic and formulaic very quickly in the early 00s. And I went off them very quickly, I think I still have "Welcome to the Infant Freebase" on CD thoguh.