Thread: Hey you Euromens!

Banned

Hey you Euromens!

Let us admit to this scenario:

Today you found TWO copies of your favorite rarity FROM YOUR HOME COUNTRY. You bought them dead cheap, so you have decided to keep one and send the other (as a free gift) to that Masterman wot frequents PEs forum.

Which lp will you be sending the lucky Jymbot?

Tough question for me because most of my favorite Russian albums are from the CD era. If you count the entire USSR, which is the country I was born in, I'd probably have to send you Pesniary's Gusliar, although you probably already have it, it's not a rare LP at all, pressed in very large quantities. It's hard to find mint copies, though.

Myself I'm desperately searching for Auktyon's Ptiza on LP. It was pressed in Germany around 1993 and is notoriously hard to find. I have the CD, and even the original cassette, but the few times I have seen the vinyl it was way too expensive.

I have Gusliar on vinyl but my copy just has a stock cover (complete with hole to display the label). It’s good that I taught myself the Cyrillic alphabet or I’d never have figured out what it was! It was way cheap but it’s a shame it didn’t come with the “art” cover, as that’s really cool. And very, very “Russian”:

In other USSR “VIA” news, I finally heard Ariel’s Utro planety (The Planet’s Morning) after years of searching. I was expecting a disappointment, but this one actually turned out to be worth the search: it’s sort of their answer to Gusliar, but with a sci-fi bent (lots of synths) yet retaining a certain Russian-ness (there’s a lot of that Soviet choral singing like you get on the Pesniary albums, too). Russian Pictures is the only one I ever hear people talk about but this one deserves attention; it’s very proggy and intriguing.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Parece cosa de maligno. Los pianos no estallan por casualidad." --Gabriel Garcia Marquez

N.P.:“Célébration”-Maneige/Libre service

OK, obviously I'll take Belgium instead of Canada (I consider both "home")

I'd find Cos' Viva Boma and Jacques Brel's Brel/AKA Les Marquises (both from 77), the second just released a few months before he died, and his "proggiest" (I'm almost not kidding here)

I'll keep Cos and send Les Marquises.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Banned
    Send Mad Curry diecut. (I stupidly traded that off to The Golam.)

Seems I misread the original post - Wallace is looking for rarest albums, not best musically.

In this case, I'd send Firyuza. I'm not as big a fan of this one as most of my Western friends, but it's sure a tough one to score.

My favorite rarity is Joah's Ark & The Beasts, the strangest, most oddly wonderful record produced on Norwegian soil. I am not parting with it. And I'll never find a second copy of it to send to anyone else, either. I might, however, find a second copy of Thule's "Natt", and since I consider that to be Norway's greatest prog album ever and Norway's greatest rock album as well, I will gladly send THAT to whoever will listen

Jacob

Two copies of Victor Peraino's Kingdom Come - No man's land - your not getting either!

HERMAE "Hermae"
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Seems I misread the original post - Wallace is looking for rarest albums, not best musically.
    He is talking about our favorite rarity Lev. So it has to be at least good as well...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS