Thread: Fun

Fun

Am I supposed to hate them? I get the feeling that I should, but I've heard two of their songs now and I think I'm going to have to buy the album. Carry On and Some Nights are a couple of the strongest pop songs I've heard in years.

LOL! I felt the same way. I didn't want to like them but I just can't help myself. I ordered the album yesterday.

I've only heard "Some Nights" and "We Are Young" and love both.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    "We Are Young" .
    Didn't know that was them. So that makes three listenable songs...When's the last time there was a band on the radio that could do that?

I like what I've heard from them. My wife loves that "We Are Young" song. Very catchy.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Isn't this a band that features a member of the now defunct Anathallo? I was always in love with that band, so when fun. started I was annoyed. But I might give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by everythingtoexcess View Post
    Am I supposed to hate them? I get the feeling that I should, but I've heard two of their songs now and I think I'm going to have to buy the album....
    You're on the right path. Follow your inner voice, not the voice of peer pressure. my wife loves them. We saw 'em on SNL. I thought they were interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by everythingtoexcess View Post
    Am I supposed to hate them? I get the feeling that I should...
    Trust your gut.

Champion of Nothing Nicky Cupcakes's Avatar
    I like both "We Are Young" and "Some Nights" as well. Both good, catchy tunes. Will have to check out Carry On, that one's new to me.

Not terribly fond of the name Fun though. Makes me think that one day they'll appear on the same stage as The Wiggles at a Chuck E. Cheese.

Actually the band's full name is Fun. (which is a pain if you are looking for something about them on the Internet).
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Cupcakes View Post

Not terribly fond of the name Fun though. Makes me think that one day they'll appear on the same stage as The Wiggles at a Chuck E. Cheese.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Actually the band's full name is Fun. (which is a pain if you are looking for something about them on the Internet).
    Kind of like ... Yes.

I liked Aim & Ignite a lot. I’ve only heard “We Are Young” off the new one, it’s good but rather slicker and not quite as joyous as the A&I material. Not having heard the rest of the new album, I can’t comment, but I definitely recommend Aim & Ignite to power-pop fans. It really is a good album.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"It is not an obscenity to be free. It is a divine right." --Annette Peacock

N.P.:“Technovo”-Volapük/Polyglöt

My album shipped yesterday so I'm hoping to have it tonight. I'll report back once I've listened to the whole thing.

I had never even heard of this band until SNL this past Sat..

I too was hooked in spite of myself.