Thread: Andy Tillison - Electric Sinfonia 2

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Andy Tillison - Electric Sinfonia 2

I see this is for sale on Laser's Edge now, so people who preordered it ought to be getting it, like, yesterday?

I was just thinking of checking on this the other day...

Anyone in the US who preordered got it yet?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 12-07-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Not me!
    Waiting!!!
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I see this is for sale on Laser's Edge now, so people who preordered it ought to be getting it, like, yesterday?

I was just thinking of checking on this the other day...

Anyone in the US who preordered got it yet?
    Well I certainly didn't get mine and guess what? I asked Ken to send me one tomorrow. My new year's resolution is to stop buying these goddamn pre-orders.

It never works out

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Well I certainly didn't get mine and guess what? I asked Ken to send me one tomorrow. My new year's resolution is to stop buying these goddamn pre-orders.

It never works out
    Well, some people in the UK have got them so they're shipping. It would just be nice to get an email notice.

We were funding the project too, of course.

I've had mine (in the UK) for a couple of weeks. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I do.

yes, had it for a few weeks now. I did the preorder thing on the tangent website for this and the new tangent when it comes out. Like progtastic above I wasn't really sure what to expect from this but I've really been enjoying it. It's been alternating in my car with Barracuda Triangle making for an interesting instrumental prog commute.

I just emailed Sally to see if mine has shipped.

I had issues with my "Le Sacre Du Travail" preorder. Never got it. Got the companion disc a few months later but never the main one. Sally was helpful but unfortunately I had waited too long to contact them (I thought they were going to ship both at same time) and they had already run out of the digipak versions.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Ken's got it in stock. Hannukah gift to self?

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/electric-sinfonia-2

In case it wasn't mentioned in another thread, the whole album can be streamed for a limited time at:

http://www.progstreaming.com
    http://www.fusionmusicstreaming.com

Playing it now, sounds great so far. I have most if not all of Andy's non-po90 stuff, so I'll definitely buy this CD at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I just emailed Sally to see if mine has shipped.
    Turns out I had specified a different address than I'd thought - so my copy DID arrive.

Hello

Very sorry, only just seen this thread, it is always difficult to work out how long CDs will take to ship to the US, there can be huge variation depending on which state you are in and we tried really hard this year - the Multiplex CDs were shipped on 12th November (release date was 1st Dec). We know that lots of people received them in time because we got plenty of nice feedback on the Tangent Facebook Group, some got them way before release date - less than a week after shipping - which got us into trouble with some of the EU and UK fans It is really upsetting for us when we hear that we have disappointed fans after they have (as JKL2000 rightly pointed out) funded the project up front. Unfortunately once the CDs are in the hands of the Royal Mail they are out of ours.

I am always happy to answer queries at sally@thetangent.org and on the rare occasions when things do go wrong I generally make up for it by making sure fans get a free copy of the next release or something similar, there is just me and Andy running things from home and I have a full time job so sadly we can't be quite as efficient at worldwide shipping as Amazon but we try our best.

I hope everyone enjoyed Multiplex as much as Andy enjoyed making it and thank you to those who support him and The Tangent by buying the music upfront and for your patience when things don't always go exactly as planned. Prog fans really are the best out there and we dread seeing threads like this - not because of bad PR but because we hate to let people down, so please folks remember I am here at the end of an email and I will do everything I can to help if you ask x

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Ken's got it in stock. Hannukah gift to self?

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/electric-sinfonia-2

Wow. I never knew Rick Wakeman was Jewish!