Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anima Morte - Upon Darkened Stains

Anima Morte - Upon Darkened Stains

Hey hey,

During this last spring and summer Ive had the pleasure to work with Swedish band Anima Morte.

The band is heavily inspired by Italian horror films.

Heres a little documentary from the Roth Händle sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMH2m4PFPH4

And a soundcloud link

https://soundcloud.com/animamorte/halls-of-death

If you follow the link trail you can find links to where you can order the album....Its a good one.

Take care,

// Mattias Olsson

I've been looking forward to this one. Their last album is really good.

Yep.

They are good people.

// Mattias

I'll definitely be grabbing this, as I have the first two CDs and love them!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    According to the band this might as well be their last. Whether this will be so I don't know. I will try to pick it up someday. I have the previous ones and they're great. Even Fabio Fizzi (Zombi 2, City of the living Dead etc.) likes the band. That's cool.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Amazing! Love the dark symphonic soundtrack like prog. Music such as this always does it for me. The adventurous spirit of prog is still alive.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I picked this up on iTunes on Friday and have listened a couple of times. Truly fantastic.

Haven't seen this listed at any of the big prog vendor sites, nor does Amazon have it in stock yet... Amazon UK does, but it's over thirty bucks with shipping. I guess I'll grab it from an Amazon marketplace seller, since for some reason they always have stuff before anyone else these days it seems. Does anyone know what the delay is in getting this out there?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Haven't seen this listed at any of the big prog vendor sites, nor does Amazon have it in stock yet... Amazon UK does, but it's over thirty bucks with shipping. I guess I'll grab it from an Amazon marketplace seller, since for some reason they always have stuff before anyone else these days it seems. Does anyone know what the delay is in getting this out there?
    Get it direct from the label, maybe that works out better for you: http://www.transubstans.com/anima_upon.html

I actually ordered it through my local record store and they had it in just a few days so it at least as got proper good distribution here in the Netherlands.

BTW, great album.

This arrived today just in time for a nice ominous New Year's Eve!

Listening now, and loving it as I suspected I would...

Waiting for my local record store to stock it...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Waiting for my local record store to stock it...
    Have they ordered it for you? I can probably pull some strings otherwise...

// Mattias (Roth Händle studios)

Hi Mattias, is both vinyl versions still available ? I know one is clear and one is black. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vacuumtube1954 View Post
    Hi Mattias, is both vinyl versions still available ? I know one is clear and one is black. Thanks.
    I just checked with Fredrik Klingwall and both versions are still available...!

// Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    I just checked with Fredrik Klingwall and both versions are still available...!

// Mattias
    Thanks for your help Mattias, looking to order this afternoon. :>)

Great! The new album is really wonderful...!

Thanks for all your kind words about the album, and yes both are still available from our labels mailorder http://recordheaven.net/
    They offer prices in some different currencies and carry a lot of other good stuff like Necromonkey as well

/Fredrik - Anima Morte

Hi Fredrik and Mattias, I got side-tracked but finally did the right thing and ordered the clear vinyl set. I am excited and am looking foward to receiving it. The videos of you guys at Mattias's Roth Handle Studios are wonderful and I enjoy watching them. Please keep the music and art coming my friends. :>)

Very pretty, will have to check their (/your) back catalog as well as purchasing this release. Really melodic -- my favourite.
    rcarlberg: Is there anything sadder than a song that has never been played?
    Plasmatopia: Maybe a song in D minor that has never been played?

bob_32_116: That would be a terrific triple bill: Cyan, Magenta and Yello.

trurl: The Odyssey: "He's trying to get home."

Quote Originally Posted by KLNGWLL View Post
    Thanks for all your kind words about the album, and yes both are still available from our labels mailorder http://recordheaven.net/
    They offer prices in some different currencies and carry a lot of other good stuff like Necromonkey as well

/Fredrik - Anima Morte

I received by clear vinyl copy of Upon Darkened Stains, it is incredible !!! Keep the music coming.

Just discovered these guys a few months ago.

WOW !!! Picked up "The Nightmare Becomes Reality" on red vinyl and it's been playing non-stop for the past week or so. Looking forward to getting the new one too. Brilliant music.

A little update.

Tomorrow Fredrik will be coming by Roth Händle to record Mellotron for some new Anima Morte material!!

Its gonna be fun!

// Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    A little update.

Tomorrow Fredrik will be coming by Roth Händle to record Mellotron for some new Anima Morte material!!

Its gonna be fun!

// Mattias
    Cool ! Please give us a video pf the procedings if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vacuumtube1954 View Post
    Cool ! Please give us a video pf the procedings if possible.
    You mean....something like this?

Best regards,

Mattias