Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creed Singer Penniless

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I may be the one who called Creed Nu-Metal here. I've never heard them so I was just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I will always remember Myles Kennedy as the guy that Mark Wahlberg pulls out of the audience in the RockStar movie:

I had no clue that was Kennedy in the movie..... wow....

For those dissing Alter Bridge. Here is a sample. They are not Nu Metal, they are just straight forward rock n roll with very talented instrumentalists and a killer vocalist. I have not had the chance to see this band live yet, but have seen Kennedy live with Slash and the guy is the real deal. On of THE BEST live vocalists out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I have 2 Nickelback albums

I promise I haven't played them for a long time.
    Me too. I even used to enjoy parts of one of them.

(I'm so ashamed)

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Me too. I even used to enjoy parts of one of them.

(I'm so ashamed)
    There is a support group, the first step is recognizing you have a problem
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I guess I'd lump Creed and Nickelback into that morass of mediocrity that was post-grunge. Those bands could go through the motions of the genre but had none of the spark.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I had the first Creed album, My Own Prison. I liked it. I had it on cassette, not sure if I still have it laying around somewhere. A few times I saw the CD in used bins for a dollar but passed on it. Just wasn't into it anymore, and never bothered with the albums that followed. I guess they were post-grunge, or nu-metal. I thought they were pretty heavy at the time. As far as Scott Stapp goes, I saw a biography thing about him. He had a pentecostal/evangelical upbringing, so he just rebelled and went off the deep end. He's been the butt of jokes for years now.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Creed, Nickleback, and others are record company products that featured trendy (at the time) goat voiced lead singers ala Pearl Jam. No different than the myriad bands who got contracts for sounding like (insert flavor of the month here) in the last 5 decades.

So, nobody asked the question about how a guy who has a truck and access to a Facebook account (via computer or smartphone) can be considered penniless. So I will.

I just did.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    So, nobody asked the question about how a guy who has a truck and access to a Facebook account (via computer or smartphone) can be considered penniless. So I will.

I just did.
    Amurcah.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    For those dissing Alter Bridge. Here is a sample. They are not Nu Metal, they are just straight forward rock n roll with very talented instrumentalists and a killer vocalist. I have not had the chance to see this band live yet, but have seen Kennedy live with Slash and the guy is the real deal. On of THE BEST live vocalists out there right now.
    Does the band name refer to altering the bridges of songs?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Does the band name refer to altering the bridges of songs?
    I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

I just did.
    If debts outweigh cash, one can be considered "penniless." Lots of fairly rich people have debts that exceed their income.

They named the band Alter Bridge after a place near where they grew up. I am forgetful if it was literally a Bridge. I also agree that they are great band. Much better than Creed.

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    If debts outweigh cash, one can be considered "penniless." Lots of fairly rich people have debts that exceed their income.
    He's rich! Hurrah!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    This reminds me of the news item about 15 years ago about a Japanese businessman who claimed to be "the world's poorest man"", because his debts amounted to something huge like a billion dollars or thereabouts.