Thread: Steves Obit Thread

Steves Obit Thread

I didn't want to post this in that thread for fear of derailing it. I just wanted to say, that the outpouring of love and sympathy in there, that's the heart of PE, the real core of what this place can be, and what we are truly about. It's easy to get lost in silly threads and troll filled topics, But it's just as easy to ignore that type of thing, bring back the positive, drive back the negative and lets make PE a place that people don't fear to come to.
    Here's a message to the trolls; You are the minority here, and I, for one, will never feed a single one of you.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Hear, hear!

I have a deep family crisis going on myself, and it's sent home the truth: that there are more important things out there than whether an album is artistically worthy or whether someone's musicianship cuts the mustard. In the end, we're all human beings and deserve to be treated that way.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Hear, hear!
    Interesting. I always thought the expression was "here, here." The things you learn on PE. Anyway, I agree. It reminds me of when Thomas Arena passed away a few months ago and his brother came on here and posted.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Thank you Wil!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

You're welcome Steve. Sorry to hear of your loss. You're a class act, as are most people who come here. It's good to be reminded of that once in a while.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

I never mentioned to PE before, but my Dad passed away on August 28th. I am coping pretty well I guess, and am glad to be part of this site.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Condolences on your loss presdoug. There's something about losing your dad that is different from other passings. Not that we grieve less. Just differently.

I still remember fondly the reactions on PE when my mom died almost 12 years ago.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Steve is a class act, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    I have a deep family crisis going on myself, and it's sent home the truth: that there are more important things out there than whether an album is artistically worthy or whether someone's musicianship cuts the mustard. In the end, we're all human beings and deserve to be treated that way.
    Agreed. I'm sorry to hear about your crisis. Hope things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Steve is a class act, for sure.
    A truth evident to all of us

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I didn't want to post this in that thread for fear of derailing it. I just wanted to say, that the outpouring of love and sympathy in there, that's the heart of PE, the real core of what this place can be, and what we are truly about. It's easy to get lost in silly threads and troll filled topics, But it's just as easy to ignore that type of thing, bring back the positive, drive back the negative and lets make PE a place that people don't fear to come to.
    Here's a message to the trolls; You are the minority here, and I, for one, will never feed a single one of you.
    You're absolutely right. A few times on here recently, a couple of people have got my dander up, as the expression goes, with their snide asides. They seem to make the same damned posts over and over and over again, though, I shouldn't really rise to the bait!

sourdough advocate
    I agree 100% with Superfly. I don't post often but I read and learn nearly everyday. The overwhelming majority of posts here are great. I ignore the trolls and accept that they are a fact on an open forum. I don't get to any of the festivals but I enjoy reading the reviews and seeing the shaky phone videos (if posted). I want you all to know that I've learned a lot here and am not afraid to express an opinion or ask a question. I'm glad to be a member here and will keep learning!
    When in doubt....