Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay - Who were you?

I don't think I've ever used another moniker on PE but I've been here long enough that my memory now sucks.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

They finally let you out? Good to hear it. I thought you were innocent of most of the charges if it makes you feel any better. ;-)
    Last edited by luvyesmusic; 12-07-2014 at 04:39 AM.

I can't recall who I was , but I joined this website under a different screen name and then booted out. I was actually angry when I joined because I had been living in a town ...or should I say many towns,...where musicians, fans of Rock music, and just people in general..had no idea of what Progressive Rock was, didn't care, and further went the distance cutting it up. Music as a whole..in South Jersey is all about Southern Rock, Eric Clapton and the usual suspects. There are zombies in South Jersey who are Prog fans and most of them are buried under the ground. The only way to have a conversation with them is to raise their spirit by performing an ancient ritual. Otherwise you have to deal with the aforementioned styles of music above. You know? If you travel to Maryland or Delaware, you might locate a Progressive scene in a city, but once you've crossed the borderline into New Jersey, but specifically South Jersey and want to converse at a cafe with Prog fans... you are expecting the impossible. Try it sometime..if you doubt my word.

Same since the rec.music.progressive days in the 90s...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't Springsteen from Jersey somewhere.

I know his music is not Prog in general but i find the Born to Run album kind of proggy especially Jungle Land.

I think that would be a good place to start with anybody that does not know our favorite kind of music but knows Springsteen well.

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't Springsteen from Jersey somewhere.

I know his music is not Prog in general but i find the Born to Run album kind of proggy especially Jungle Land.

I think that would be a good place to start with anybody that does not know our favorite kind of music but knows Springsteen well.

My pants are still hippy.