Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: My Geezerette Is Gone

very sorry. If I recall, she was with you at the Yes show in Madison last Summer. Best wishes to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    very sorry. If I recall, she was with you at the Yes show in Madison last Summer. Best wishes to you and your family.
    Thanks! You recall correctly, Kyle. I know you were talking to my son Peter (progeezer's ghost on PE) a lot (he really enjoyed that btw), but I can't remember if I introduced you & Kay.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Steve, I am very, very sorry to find out about Kay. I haven't been on here on p.e.s for a little while now. I come here for fun and the last thing I expected to read here. :-(

I am doubly bummed tonight just hearing about my friend Malcolm Birkett's latest F.B. post ( I don't do F.B. Myself). I don't want to intrude on Kay's thread but many folks around the world know about the world's greatest YeSfan and ROSfest attendee and a good friend to many of us. he doesn't think he'll make it to x-mas, though he's still fighting.

I was happy I finally introduced myself to you and Kay this year in Gettyburg. ROSfest won't be the same without her. stay strong, brother Steve.

sourdough advocate
    Steve,
    I don't know you and I didn't know Kay but I want you to know that I'm sorry for your loss. I've read each post in this thread and it's clear that she was a wonderful person. I don't post much here but I read almost everyday and look forward to your posts. I consider you to be the elder statesman of this place.
    I read Kay's obit and she seemed like a lovely person. The world needs more lovely people and I believe the world is less for her passing. I know your favorite version of " A Christmas Carol" is the 1951 movie starring Alistair Sim. It is the best!! When I watch it in a week or so, I'll think of you and Kay. Meanwhile, I'll raise my glass of Midleton's Irish Whiskey tonight to you and the lovely Kay. I hope that time will help you heal.
    John
    When in doubt....

Hey Geezer, never met you or your gal, but I sincerely feel for you and the loss of your loved one, been losing too many of my own of late, hard thing to get used to, peace be with you!

Every single one of these posts truly does lift my spirits!

Thanks all!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Every single one of these posts truly does lift my spirits!
    That's great to hear because we're all 100% behind ya, bro !!

If there's anything we can help with, don't even hesitate to ask.

I've read all these posts, started to say something a couple of times, and stopped. I've never met you, although I've conversed with you on here for a long time, read your posts, etc. I'm a bit of a geezer myself, getting ready to hit 60. I've been married only once, and it's been for 36 years and counting. I can't imagine the feelings you're having; it makes me shudder. So I'm writing this to let you know that more people than you even know about feel for your loss, and wish you the best.

So, I don't know if that made much sense, but I figured you should know that even with all those that wrote (who've been fortunate to know you personally in some manner), there are even more of us out there who've only known you digitally that feel for you.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    I've read all these posts, started to say something a couple of times, and stopped. I've never met you, although I've conversed with you on here for a long time, read your posts, etc. I'm a bit of a geezer myself, getting ready to hit 60. I've been married only once, and it's been for 36 years and counting. I can't imagine the feelings you're having; it makes me shudder. So I'm writing this to let you know that more people than you even know about feel for your loss, and wish you the best.

So, I don't know if that made much sense, but I figured you should know that even with all those that wrote (who've been fortunate to know you personally in some manner), there are even more of us out there who've only known you digitally that feel for you.
    Not only imo did that make infinite sense, but, albeit virtually, I could feel your sincerity. Thanks, Mikhael.

We've not met, and that's a shame, though mostly my fault....but I wanted to express my sympathies for your family's loss, and esp. for you. I know how much she meant to you--it was obvious whenever you posted about her, man. I wish you the solace that only time can bring.

Pull My Finger
    Geeze..... I check in from time to time to see concert updates, & new releases. Needless to say, this is one bit of news I did NOT want to see. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you & Kay were always together, and had a good life with each other. My heartfelt condolences to you, and Kays family.
    Take care,
    Vinnie

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    My heartfelt condolences. So sorry to hear this, and so sorry my thoughts are belated.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I will likely never meet you in person, but that's ok. I enjoy your posts on here. Stay strong.

I am very sorry for your loss, Steve. I met Kay one or twice (at FMPM for sure) and thought she was a very special lady. RIP.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

I've not been here long but have enjoyed what posts of yours I have read and wish to join everyone in offering my condolences for your sad loss.

You've been in my thoughts and prayers through the holidays. Hugs, Steve. Lots of love from us Georges.

Thanks so much, Pam. Best to Randy.

Steve,my condolences for your loss.
    Last edited by Modry Effekt; 01-03-2015 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I know this is the main board, but Kay had a lot of friends here that would want to know this so I cheated.

Kay passed away shortly after midnight last night from complications (COPD, Asthma & Emphysema) from pneumonia. She had been in declining health for several weeks, but no one, incl all her vast medical team anticipated this and thought she would bounce back again like she did in 2013.

I will still be going to Rosfest because I know that's what she would want, but I won't be a nun or a punker chick.

She was 69.

Lots of tears, and they ain't done.

Geezer
    Oh no, Steve. I didn't see this thread until today. I'm SO sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the empty space left by her absence. Actually, i can imagine it and don't know what to say. Please stay strong and soak in the positive energy and support of your friends and family. Surely her spirit will always fill your heart.

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you need anything or just want to talk. I think you have my email...

Love to you and to Kay on her new journeys.

Peace and light,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thank you Kimara. You already know how much I respect you.