Thread: Remastered CDs dutch band Trace with bonustracks

Remastered CDs dutch band Trace with bonustracks

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    Always enjoyed the first two..

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Always enjoyed the first two..
    Agreed.

When I finally scored a vinyl copy of "The White Ladies" 25 or so years ago I was disappointed.

I'm not sure I want to buy them for the second time, though I love all three Trace albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Agreed.

When I finally scored a vinyl copy of "The White Ladies" 25 or so years ago I was disappointed.
    Since I have heard this from so many for so long,can I ask why?

White Ladies has some laughably bad narration. And while mostly instrumental, there are a couple of vocal tracks that don't do much for me either. The album lacks the fire of the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymes with rogue View Post
    White Ladies has some laughably bad narration. And while mostly instrumental, there are a couple of vocal tracks that don't do much for me either. The album lacks the fire of the first two.
    Despite the 2 things you don't like, how is the music? Rick Van der Linden has rarely disappointed me. Did he keep Ian Mosely from Birds? I never saw the personnel list for this one.

Thought the 1st one had some great moments, largely due to Van der Linden's drumming. Was pretty disappointed w/ the thin, hashy, sibilant sound of the CD release I picked up about 7 years ago. Anyone know if the new release is likely to be an improvement??

perfectly concise summary... though I edited it and now love it as much as the first 2, albeit much shorter now
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Since I have heard this from so many for so long,can I ask why?
    This.

Though I have pulled the album to give it a spin for the first time in a couple of decades. The white cover has yellowed around the edges a bit.

Mosely is not on the album. The drummer/guitarist is Peter de Leeuwe. It's also billed as "Rick van der Linden and Trace".