Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED CD - Klaus Schulze : X

Bought the LP when it was first released; at that time, I was buying anything related to KS. Several years later, I picked up the CD. One day I listened to the album after not hearing it for years, and it seemed like every track had something about it that annoyed me. I decided to keep it for a few more years, then gave it another spin. Same thing; I guess it's a case of changing tastes. So now I'm down to just a few KS favorites.

Big thumbs up from me.

that is really a great post by you....well done
    Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Growing up as young boy in a small town in Sweden the only widely electronic release at the time was (of course) J M Jarre's Oxygene. It seems the word about that classic album spread to every corner of the world. I wonder if there ever was any boost in sales for other artists in electronic music because of Oxygene?
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by gailany222 View Post
    that is really a great post by you....well done
    And your point is?

I just started listing to Klaus' music and I really enjoy it.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    In '08 I couldn't find this anywhere for a reasonable price on CD, so I settled for the digital download, which I got from Walmart.com. I don't think Amazon had it at the time. Then I found out that I only had "Volume 1" (sides A and B of the vinyl), so I looked around and found the rest of the tracks at Napster, so I bought that. Later on, I got a notice from Napster that they were no longer going to support the ability to re-download your purchases once Rhapsody took over, so make sure that you safely back up all of your files, which I did. The problem is, the files are .wma with DRM, and the DRM authentication no longer works, so the files are unplayable. Fortunately I was able to find illicit mp3 copies of the tracks that I'd legitimately paid for, so I'm not as POed as I might otherwise be. I have the physical copy on my wish list, though.

Wont VLC play the wma's?
    I dont think VLC cares about DRM

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Wont VLC play the wma's?
    I dont think VLC cares about DRM
    I tried that already; it just sits there and doesn't work, and doesn't give me any errors.
    Granted, this was a few years ago so maybe I should try again.