Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Boomers Cleaning Up After Parents Thread - "But Someone Could Use That!"

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Reading stuff like this reminds me of how lucky I am. My mom just turned 89, lives on her own two house up from me, still drives, doesn't need a cane, wheelchair or walker. My brothers and I wanted her to move into a retirement community but she keeps putting us off. I don't know how you do it, but good on you. I guess when the situation is thrust upon you, you do what you have to do...
    My dad is not as well of as your mom. He never drove and needs a cane, but besides that, things are relatively well, compared to others. He lives close to me, so I can keep an eye on him. Alas he is a stubborn as... so any good advice is ignored. It might be better for him, to use a walker, but he refuses. This Friday he will get the first of a series of injections in his left eye, to improve his sight a bit. I hope it will help. He is not looking forward to it and me neither, but it's the best for his eye, so we have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Loony, how are things going with your mom?
    Sold my broken car for a decent price , a whopping $200, so I went to the dispensary and bought three joints. Then went to the liquor store and bought what I needed from there.

Right now my broken sister is cleaning my mom's legs. She's got blisters galore because she won't sleep with her legs on the couch and she's malnourished, even though she's eating better than I am these days. I'm lucky to eat one meal a day as the stress of having a 82 year-old mom who's turned into a 4 year-old child is killing me. Literally. Not just dealing with her but I have to figure out my future and I have no clue what to do.

I'm going to go smoke and watch idiot sports guys on tv to try and forget for a few minutes.

Thanks for asking, Jerjo.

Progatron, I feel for you and with you.

She just told me she put the dog down. She's completely devastated and I can do nothing.

One day you are la di da and the next, you have a sawzall up your anus.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:40 PM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Sold my broken car for a decent price , a whopping $200, so I went to the dispensary and bought three joints. Then went to the liquor store and bought what I needed from there.

Right now my broken sister is cleaning my mom's legs. She's got blisters galore because she won't sleep with her legs on the couch and she's malnourished, even though she's eating better than I am these days. I'm lucky to eat one meal a day as the stress of having a 82 year-old mom who's turned into a 4 year-old child is killing me. Literally. Not just dealing with her but I have to figure out my future and I have no clue what to do.

I'm going to go smoke and watch idiot sports guys on tv to try and forget for a few minutes.

Thanks for asking, Jerjo.

Progatron, I feel for you and with you.

She just told me she put the dog down. She's completely devastated and I can do nothing.

One day you are la di da and the next, you have a sawzall up your anus.
    Can you get your mother in hospice care. My mother is in hospice at the house and they will do pretty much anything I ask of them,and everything is free. I don't know if her dementia qualified her or because she has a bad heart valve that is supposedly only working at a 5% rate. She will be 92 in August and is off her blood pressure and heart rate medicine. I check her pressure,heart rate and oxygen saturation. As far as eating this morning I fixed her two eggs,shredded home fries and a slice of scrapple with orange juice. After she finished that two slices of raisin bread with butter and jelly and a cup of coffee, and she drank a cup of water with her vitamin and water pill. I guess it helps having three daughter in the medical field. The oldest is a doctor but she is only helpful if my mother gets fleas or the mange.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Everytime I read here, I feel glad my dad is relativly well. Today he had his first injection in his eye, which wasn't as bad as we had expected. At least he isn't suffering from dementia, although occasionally he forgets things.
    I hope he won't need to much help, because things can get rather nasty for me, considering I live on social security. If I have to take care of my dad's finances, I can lose my social security, because they consider that I can use my dad's money, although that's not mine.

An aquaintance of his, came back from the hospital and his wife, who was allready a bit suffering from dementia when he went to the hospital, wouldn't let him in the house, so the police had to be called to help him. She is now in a place where they take care of her. They don't have any children, so her husband has to take care of everything.

I wish all af you in troublesome times with your parents strenght.