Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.K." Final Tour: Europe" 2015 Dates

Top tier talent with 10 cent head...His concert prices are very reasonable; his recent dvds and Live record, not soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Top tier talent with 10 cent head...His concert prices are very reasonable; his recent dvds and Live record, not soo much.
    I'm sure you have to pay him for using his picture as avatar

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    You don't like dropping upwards of $40 for something that sounds like it was recorded with a cell phone?

Wish I could have seen the NEARfest performance (or the trio reunion with Bozzio).

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Wish I could have seen the NEARfest performance (or the trio reunion with Bozzio).
    Having already seen UK/Bozzio in '79, I would have liked to have seen the version with Husband.

I'm a bit saddened at the "final" edition of U.K. being announced. Having seen most of the incarnations of them; including the original quartet and trio, and the UKZ and U-Z versions, and the 21st Century versions with Minneman and Donati, and the reunion gigs with Bozzio, I was complacent in the fact that Eddie or Eddie and John would be presenting a U.K. every year or so for me to enjoy. As I mentioned in my original post to this thread, I am not a Zealot's member, so I have no info as to what'll be next with Eddie. If there will be any next with Eddie. Has he mentioned other interests he's pursuing; new material?, additional UKZ material? Etc.?
    Also surprised that after last years Japan gigs, where all U.K. material was played, that he needs to offer these "final" shows. Of course I selfishly would have loved him to bring those gigs here as well as another round of USA/NYC concerts for goodbye's. But I think I'm just stunned in this day and age of bands going on as long as there are fans to see them that Eddie has definitively called this the end.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    "A New Zealots' Update in the "EJ's Notes" section of the Z'Lounge!
    The "basics" include ... the final UK concert will take place in Tokyo on April 30, 2015. Details are still being worked out regarding venue and lineup, but EJ has promised to bring some very special guests. Zealots Lounge members will be offered special VIP packages one month prior to the general sales to the public.
    Additionally, a few European dates have been scheduled for Wroclaw and Warsaw in Poland; Oslo, Norway; Amsterdam (Zoetermeer), NL; and London. Further details will be available soon. This lineup will consist of Jobson, Wetton, Machacek, and Donati. As usual, pre-sales will be available to Z'Lounge members first! And, be sure to check the special messages from Eddie in "EJ's Notes.""

Don't think the Dutch concert will be in both Amsterdam and Zoetermeer...
    I don't think that too. Zoetermeer is not Amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    So he is making delayed rock, instead of progressive rock?
    LOL!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Saturday 28 March Collosseum @ Shepherds Bush, (I have tickets); the day after we now have UK a couple of miles away ... that's probably good for those who live a real distance away and who want / need to make a weekend of it ... it's not so good for those of us who live a "moderate" distance away and cannot justify the price of London hotels. Yet of my favourite '70's bands, Gentle Giant are the only other one I have never seen and they're not going to re-form any time soon ...

NF '12 closed with a fabulous show by UK..and Gary Husband was a friggin monster...I never thought I'd see the song 'Starless' sung to me by John Wetton [with a 'crack' band behind him, lol] but I did, and it was amazing...Alex Machacek was equally amazing on guitar and EJobson was his usual versatile self, ripping on the violin and the keyboards...

Just checked Amazon.. they list Live in Tokyo DVD for 19.98.. isn't that the going price..?