Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2287

Thread: Major League Baseball - 2015 Discussion

Gomez to Astros for 4 prospects.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

It's a Fiers sale as well

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Apparently, Ackley has only played 2B for one game during the last two seasons, since Cano has been there. So, it seems that NY just signed another back-up outfielder. He's a career .243/.303/.366 hitter with 42 home runs and 201 RBI in 584 games, but has performed well at Yankee Stadium, hitting .296/.397/.481 in 17 games.

Not sure why they even did this deal. They do seem to need a starter. To see Sabbathia start in place of Pineda made me shudder. And rightly so, since he gave up three more HRs in 5 innings. He sucks royally.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Gomez & Mike Fiers to the 'Stros for Houston's #2,#6,#15 & #21 prospects (2 starters & 2 power hitting outfielders with one of them having a previous cuppa in the show).

And so it goes.

Didn't see the 2 previous posts with BG's shitty joke until after I posted this.

Delete it? Nah.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post

Didn't see the 2 previous posts with BG's shitty joke
    Trading a young, cost controlled starting pitcher like Fiers is no joke

We did the same with Kaminsky, although he was only at the a level in the minors

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I'm hearing that the Yankees are going hard after Kimbrel.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Today should be interesting, with the final mad dash for trades

Cards signed an Alice Cooper / Billion Dollar (Babies) TV deal yesterday that kicks in in 2018 and runs 15 years, staying on Fox Sports Midwest

Should insure we have all the jack we need to do what we need to

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm hearing that the Yankees are going hard after Kimbrel.
    I don't buy it. They have the best 8-9 punch in MLB. They don't need a closer, unless he's a chip for another trade.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I don't buy it. They have the best 8-9 punch in MLB. They don't need a closer, unless he's a chip for another trade.
    Now it's rumored that they're also going after Chapman.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Cards are getting killed locally for their relatively minor deal

We are a spoiled bunch, myself included, but I trust GM Mozaliek implicitly

Moss isn't a rental, as he's got another year and power is clearly a commodity

Impressive sweep by Houston, and they appear to be perhaps the biggest winner of the week trade wise

BG

This is getting silly (not you, the rumor mill). They have one of the best closers in the game and the best 8th inning guy, period. Unless someone is hurt in the pen, or they're working a three-ream deal, they should be going after starters.

This is beginning to seem like the Every Other Wednesday Afternoon Women's Auxiliary Meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    they're working a three-ream deal
    Sounds painful.

The Shadows have apparently traded for Gerardo Parra.

Sounds painful.

Depends if you're the pitcher or catcher.

I will choose not to edit that, in the wake of your reply.

The Brewers still have time to trade Braun, Lind, Gennett, Segura, K Davis,Lohse (not that anyone wants him), Jimmy Nelson and K-Rod.

I'm flashing on a time 60 years ago when the Brooklyn Bums had the "Wait Til Next Year" mantra. That mantra is indeed alive & well in Beerland.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

...and Broxton, 2 the Cards

Y?

I couldn't tell you, but a fairly deep stockpile of bullpen arms

BG

Broxton's awful. Good luck with that.

Phillies have traded Ben Revere to the Blue Jays. Haven't heard yet what they got for him.

I'm kinda giddy over all of these moves that should have been made two years ago.

The Shadows have apparently traded for Gerardo Parra.
    Thank you Steve. That's an extra scoop of crab dip for you.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

And you can bet your ass I'll take it, Ed!

I must go on record as saying that Ed's Crab Dip is, without question, the best I have ever tasted. It is a highlight of every Progday I've been to.

See, there is redeeming social value there in the shadows.

Cespedes is a Met. (I think.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Cespedes is a Met. (I think.)
    Yes, it is a done deal.

Another trade for more young pitching prospects

So, Wilmer Flores, the guy who was traded yesterday, but not traded, and was seen crying on the field?

Guy hits a walk-off HR tonight to help the Mets beat the Nationals.

^ Yep. That's what "crying in baseball" will do for you in Flushing.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Feel good story of the year. Hollywood couldn't have wrote it any better.