Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2287

Thread: Major League Baseball - 2015 Discussion

Apparently, it was a false rumor about Flores.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Apparently, it was a false rumor about Flores.
    No, it was absolutely not a false rumor.

Last edited by Scott Bails; 07-30-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

"The Dodgers, Marlins and Braves have reportedly swung what appears to be one of the most complex three-team trades in recent history, though nothing will become official tonight. The 'basic' structure of the deal (though there’s nothing basic about this move) is as follows: the Dodgers will receive right-hander Mat Latos and first baseman Michael Morse from the Marlins. They’ll also add top prospect Jose Peraza and pitchers Alex Wood, Jim Johnson and Luis Avilan from the Braves. Atlanta, in turn, will receive Cuban infielder Hector Olivera, lefty Paco Rodriguez and minor leaguer Zachary Bird from the Dodgers. The Braves are also picking up Miami’s Competitive Balance Round A pick in next year’s draft (No. 35 overall). The Marlins will come out of this deal with three minor league pitchers — Kevin Guzman, Jeff Brigham and Victor Araujo — plus the financial relief of shedding the remaining $14.3MM that is owed to Latos and Morse."
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...ael-morse.html

I don't like the idea of giving up Wood or Peraza, especially given concerns about Olivera's injuries and age (he claims to be 30 but that's not certain).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yes, I see. I'm reading conflicting stories. Some news sources are a bit ahead of others, it seems.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

"Agent Scott Boras adamantly denied that anything is wrong with Gomez from a health standpoint. Via Rosenthal (Twitter links): 'Carlos Gomez has never seen a hip doctor and has never had a hip issue in his playing career. Anyone who suggests that is inaccurate and baldly misrepresenting the truth of the player’s condition.' "
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...ler-trade.html

It was first rumored the trade fell apart over concerns with Wheeler's health. Perhaps the Mets planted the rumor about Gomez's hip to deflect. Perhaps the Mets are planning to sport a ten-man rotation next year. On off days, pitchers will play the field. This move will, of course, improve the Mets offense.

Brandon Moss to the Cards.
    "Moss is hitting .265/.336/.453 in 131 plate appearances against same-handed pitchers but has just a .191/.262/.382 batting line against righties."
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...s-indians.html

So they got a platoon player for a position where there's no one to platoon him with?

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Brandon Moss to the Cards.
    "Moss is hitting .265/.336/.453 in 131 plate appearances against same-handed pitchers but has just a .191/.262/.382 batting line against righties."
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...s-indians.html

So they got a platoon player for a position where there's no one to platoon him with?
    He'll platoon with Reynolds (1B) and he plays some OF - good fit actually that would have been perfect had Holiday not come up lame last night

No word on severity of the tear as yet, but I'm expecting the normal "optimistic" slant we are famous for - I've seen it too many times

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

To nobody's surprise (who has been watching the Yankees) it's getting leaked that Pineda has been battling injuries, as well as Tanaka. Pineda is headed to the DL and CC is pitching tonight. Tanaka is trying to play through. Nova is also injured now, though, and they might put him on the DL too.

So that's a minimum of two starters going on the DL, possibly 3.
    Last edited by Facelift; 07-30-2015 at 01:13 PM.

David Price is right for the Blue Jays

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    To nobody's surprise (who has been watching the Yankees) it's getting leaked that Pineda has been battling injuries, as well as Tanaka. Pineda is headed to the DL and CC is pitching tonight. Tanaka is trying to play through. Nova is also injured now, though, and they might put him on the DL too.

So that's a minimum of two starters going on the DL, possibly 3.
    Where are you seeing these so-called leaks? I don't see anything.

These came from WFAN.

Pineda is now being reported on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...earm-tightness

WFAN people are usually pretty close to the teams and are good at getting things early. Plus, it was obvious that something had been wrong recently.

Paps about to come in for his first attempt at a Gnats save, certainly wishing him the worst of luck!

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Paps about to come in for his first attempt at a Gnats save, certainly wishing him the worst of luck!

BG
    I'll go a step further and hope he takes a liner to the ...

I'll go a step further and hope he takes a liner to the ...
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The Mets are approaching "lovable loser" status

Posting from Delta Club lounge at Citi Field: Wow, today was/is something. Blown 7-1 lead. 7-5 in the ninth. Rain delay/actually vicious lightning storm delay. Freakin' (We want) Upton 3 runner. 8-7 bottom 9, rain delay/actually tarp issues gonna mean a longer delay. And of course the rules have changed wherein if the game was called, it reverts to top 9 score and we win. Now, we lose OR it gets suspended & then played to completion at the end of season should it mean anything playoff wise. Ppppppffffffffffffftttttttttt....at least I can get drinks in the club.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    And of course the rules have changed wherein if the game was called, it reverts to top 9 score and we win.
    Which makes it all the more suspicious that they couldn't manage to get that tarp on more quickly.

The Yankees are acquiring Dustin Ackley from the Seattle Mariners.

I didn't know that they were in the market for another light-hitting infielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Yankees are acquiring Dustin Ackley from the Seattle Mariners.

I didn't know that they were in the market for another light-hitting infielder.
    Report: Seattle Mariners rejected a trade sending Dustin Ackley to the New York Yankees

Indeed it did. Anything that begins to get their atrocious 2B situation on the right path is okay with me. They gave up nothing in return and Ackley, who hasn't lived up to potential, but was a top-tier draft pick, does bring an upside that they didn't have. If they can turn him around, it's a good thing. if not, it's a wash.

Which makes it all the more suspicious that they couldn't manage to get that tarp on more quickly.
    Well...the game was going to be finished no matter what and they did have a ton of water on the tarp that made it impossible to move/cover the infield. If the game had no meaning for either team, or foreseeable meaning they would've called it. Ya know if it was in Philly.
    But anywho, 7 hours after the first pitch we end up blowing a 6 run lead for the first time at home since 1970. gNats up by 3 and in for 3 this weekend. After a tumultuous 24 hours, with this loss and other emotions rattled, it should be interesting to see how the team holds up.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Well...the game was going to be finished no matter what and they did have a ton of water on the tarp that made it impossible to move/cover the infield. If the game had no meaning for either team, or foreseeable meaning they would've called it. Ya know if it was in Philly.
    But anywho, 7 hours after the first pitch we end up blowing a 6 run lead for the first time at home since 1970. gNats up by 3 and in for 3 this weekend. After a tumultuous 24 hours, with this loss and other emotions rattled, it should be interesting to see how the team holds up.
    Baseball's a long season. It will be forgotten by tomorrow.

These last two games were rough, but if Mets fans at the start of the season could have signed for 3 games back on July 31, pretty much all would have done so. The Mets are in the division race and they're a better team today than they were a week ago. Heartbreaking losses only happen on July 30 when you've still got something to play for.