Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2287

Thread: Major League Baseball - 2015 Discussion

I dunno, Ron. You sound a little worried.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Still five games up, though
    Yer actually 3.5 up

C how fast your shit can evaporate?

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Yer actually 3.5 up

C how fast your shit can evaporate?

BG
    Uhhh, five games in the loss column, my friend. That's the only number that matters, bro.

I knew someone would take the bait. I honestly expected Ed to, not you.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I dunno, Ron. You sound a little worried.
    Hey, there are still two months left in the season. Anything can happen. I'm not crazy enough to make predictions at the beginning of the season, much less early August.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Wow

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Wow

BG
    Is that a reply to my reply to yours? If so, "Wow," indeed.

Uhhh, five games in the loss column, my friend. That's the only number that matters, bro.

I knew someone would take the bait. I honestly expected Ed to, not you.
    I bait the hook, I don't bite it.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I bait the hook, I don't bite it.

Price finally beats NY. The beauty of baseball is that anything can happen. Toronto is on a roll and NY is beginning to reel. Plenty of baseball left.

Four games out, Brian.

Manny Machado is going to cost someone a fortune when he gets a new contract. I think he's the best player in baseball right now.

Price finally beats NY. The beauty of baseball is that anything can happen. Toronto is on a roll and NY is beginning to reel. Plenty of baseball left.

Four games out, Brian.
    I'll make a prediction: if the Yankees don't win a minimum of 5 out of their next 6, they're officially playing for the wild card - for the reasons I stated last week. They're not as good as Toronto, but can win the division from them if they split their games with them. They've got no chance to win the division if they can't split with Toronto.

The Yankees are better than Baltimore, however, and will not likely finish behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I'll make a prediction: if the Yankees don't win a minimum of 5 out of their next 6, they're officially playing for the wild card - for the reasons I stated last week. They're not as good as Toronto, but can win the division from them if they split their games with them. They've got no chance to win the division if they can't split with Toronto.

The Yankees are better than Baltimore, however, and will not likely finish behind them.
    Nice to be thought of that way when you win the division.

You guys can make all the predictions you want. There are about 50 games left. Anything can happen. Well, almost anything.

16-5 since the All-Star break.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^^^ They'll ruin their plastic grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    16-5 since the All-Star break.
    I wonder how Papelbon feels about that, considering that his Nats are floundering. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I wonder how Papelbon feels about that, considering that his Nats are floundering. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
    Phillies fans are reveling in his quote from last season: "I didn't come here for this"

Poor baby

So, is what I heard true about Chase Utley being placed on waivers?

Yep. Placed over the weekend. I think the period in which he can be claimed is almost over.

Just watched the Yankees lose in 16 innings. Lead down to 1/2 game. Mets roll. Lead at 2 and gNats losing out west. Good times.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Yes, things are getting precarious in The Bronx. They should have won that game. Miller blew his first save of the year at the worst time. Going into Toronto this weekend and I don't anticipate it being very fun.

At least they scored. They went 31 innings without a run.

Those guys from Queens, however, on the other hand.........
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

All 15 home teams won yesterday. Just sayin'.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    All 15 home teams won yesterday. Just sayin'.
    For the first time ever, which is hard to believe.

That actually is surprising. Is that the first time ever that all the home teams have won on the same day, or just the first time since MLB expanded to 30 teams.

Also, I'll ask here because I know there are some NFL fans, and y'all more likely to know what I'm talking about here than in the NFL thread: Are there are any NFL sites that are run similarly to Fangraphs? I went searching yesterday, but all I could find were sites that dealt rumor and scandal (both of which, for the most part, Fangraphs ignores). Thanks!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.