Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2287

Thread: Major League Baseball - 2015 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    All 15 home teams won yesterday. Just sayin'.
    A ten dollar bet would have returned over $30,000.

Jeff Locke again blows up facing the batting order for the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    A ten dollar bet would have returned over $30,000.
    Where's that time machine, again?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

All 15 home teams won yesterday. Just sayin'.
    Also, all 15 road teams lost. Another major league first.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Big series begins tonight in Toronto on the plastic.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Scott, I just noticed that your boys are nearly out of the basement. Things are looking up, aren't they?

On a side note, my 12-year-old asked me what the Philadelphia team's name was, and then replied, "The Philadelphia Phillies? What kind of name is that? That's like the Pittsburgh Pitties!"

Thought you'd get a kick out of that.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

That's pretty damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Scott, I just noticed that your boys are nearly out of the basement. Things are looking up, aren't they?

On a side note, my 12-year-old asked me what the Philadelphia team's name was, and then replied, "The Philadelphia Phillies? What kind of name is that? That's like the Pittsburgh Pitties!"

Thought you'd get a kick out of that.
    They've been playing really well since the All-Star break. There's hope!

I never understood the name, either.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Glad the Yankees won. Helps the O's slowly edge closer. Now the Jays have to win the next game.

Beltran earned his pinstripes last night.

Beltran earned his pinstripes last night.
    As distasteful as I found the outcome, that was some authentic shit from CB

One of the greatest hitters of his generation

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    One of the greatest hitters of his generation

BG
    I was originally going to cry "bullshit" on that, but I decided to dig into the numbers a bit. I was a little surprised at how well Beltran comes out.

Here's an easy comparison chart from Baseball Reference:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/fr...&compage=&age=

More productive and valuable over his career than Torii Hunter, a player who was played a similar amount of time during the same era. But to say "he's better than Torii Hunter" is not exactly an indication of excellence (though Hunter is a good player himself). It means he's very good (if Hunter is good), but there are better players.

Here's a more in-depth comparison. (I put Trout on there just as indication of how awesome Trout is.)
    http://baseball-players.pointafter.c...-vs-Mike-Trout

He's in the hall of very good, and, yeah, probably one of the better hitters at his position of his era.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Manny Machada comes through again with the glove and the bat. He's on pace for the AL MVP and another platinum glove.

When I hear the name Carlos Beltran, I think of this-

No more, no less. Ppppffttttttttttttttttt.................
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Manny Machada comes through again with the glove and the bat. He's on pace for the AL MVP
    He'll be talked about, but he's well-behind guys like Mike Trout, Nelson Cruz and Josh Donaldson.

Big time performance by Tanaka.Five hits, one run, complete game win against Toronto.Clutch.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Big time performance by Tanaka.Five hits, one run, complete game win against Toronto.Clutch.
    Big-time!

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    No question, and on the road makes it even more impressive

"Machada"?

Wow : )

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    He'll be talked about, but he's well-behind guys like Mike Trout, Nelson Cruz and Josh Donaldson.
    He saves more games on defense than all three of them combined. By your thinking you left Chris Davis off your list since he leads the league in RBI's and may soon take over home runs at the pace he is going.
    Last edited by Shadow; 08-15-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He saves more games on defense than all three of them combined. By your thinking you left Chris Davis off your list since he leads the league in RBI's and may soon take over home runs at the pace he is going.
    If there wasn't this guy named Trout, I'd agree he has a solid shot at AL MVP. Great D and the offense has really come through. Maybe because Trout keeps getting it, they'll make a point of giving it to a new guy to spice things up.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Defense is rarely considered when it comes to MVP. It's home runs, average and OPS. Right now, Trout wins it unanimously. We'll see what happens the rest of the season

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Defense is rarely considered when it comes to MVP. It's home runs, average and OPS.
    And where the team finishes.

Heading to Citi Field. Harvey & the heat. Let's Go Mets!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

And where the team finishes.
    That shouldn't matter, it should be where the team would have finished without that player. That's why Nelson Cruz and Chris Davis should have been MVP's the past two years.

Heading to Citi Field. Harvey & the heat. Let's Go Mets!
    Since you've been no fucking help at all as yet, please hook me up today!

BG

Since getting traded to Baltimore Gerardo Parra is playing at MVP rate. He's already hit four home runs and is 4 for 4 through five innings today. This guy could be as big a steal as Frank Robinson or Mike Cuellar.