Page 63 of 362 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 9044

Thread: NP

Such is my classical mood today that I couldn't leave without sharing such a profoundly solemn, glorious and sublimely epic piece by my immortal beloved genius. Just very few conductors could (or can today) interpret its grandeur like the awesome W.Furtwangler:

"Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth. ". Ludwig van Beethoven

Gilberto Gil - s/t

^Well, I suggest you as well Caetano Veloso - s/t if you haven't heard it yet, my favourite by far amongst all MPB music.

Caetano Veloso.jpg
    "Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth. ". Ludwig van Beethoven

Roy Montgomery: London is Swinging by His Neck
    on Tundra Trash Radio, live365

Suspended
    Golden Apples of the Sun - "best of" 2015

http://rtrfm.com.au/shows/goldenappl...age=2015-12-20

Some intriguing listening, including some surprisingly good stuff from Perth.

My biggest dream that never comes true... This mind blowing masterpiece heard at a majestic theatre and conducted by an awesome interpreter w/ a great Orchestra!.. Literally the bursting out of the strongest emotions this mind resetting work of art could render....

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Birth Control - Getting there (from the Collectors Premium set)

Seasonal Favorites 2 - surf and rockin' Christmas covers by unknowns
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Robson View Post
    My biggest dream that never comes true... This mind blowing masterpiece heard at a majestic theatre and conducted by an awesome interpreter w/ a great Orchestra!.. Literally the bursting out of the strongest emotions this mind resetting work of art could render....

I love the 4 Brahms Symphonies, the 4th being my favorite. I have seen it performed by The Chicago Symphony Orchestra at "Symphony Center" (formerly "Orchestra Hall") in Chicago. Not a majestic theater, but not bad at all... and a great orchestra! My dad (R.I.P.) was a member for 31 years, but this was after he retired.

Soft Machine Legacy performing a set of the old stuff a few weeks ago-

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

XTC - Nonsuch
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I love the 4 Brahms Symphonies, the 4th being my favorite. I have seen it performed by The Chicago Symphony Orchestra at "Symphony Center" (formerly "Orchestra Hall") in Chicago. Not a majestic theater, but not bad at all... and a great orchestra! My dad (R.I.P.) was a member for 31 years, but this was after he retired.
    Hey No Pride what a lucky man you are! I guess that it was one of your most awesome musical experience that you'll cherish forever... And certainly your father had so many great historical facts to tell you from the classical world, and I suppose very few manage to be for so much time in such a great orchestra!
    The W.Furtwangler '49 recording of the four Brahms symphonies is the next I'm looking forward to purchasing, I have never listened yet to his first (believe it or not), and just recently listened to his second - and BUMP! Love at "the first sight" .
    Formerly I would say the 4th was my fave, today I'm no longer sure of this. Man, Classical Music has this magic , you never know till when you'll be amazed by some new discovery, even within the same piece
    Last edited by Rick Robson; 12-23-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Awwww ... awwwww... love ... King Crimson Matte Kudasai ...

Giles, Giles & Fripp - Erudite Eyes (1968)

Reminds me very much of Syd Barrett vice versa and so did most at the time I think
    Giles, Giles & Fripp - One in Million

oone of my favourite KC songs... King Crimson - Epitaph
    Confusion will be my epitaph.
    As I crawl a cracked and broken path
    If we make it we can all sit back and laugh.
    But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying,.....

OMG I love this song so much, it's my favourite, it's perfect, instrumentals added by the vocals awww just too perfect!
    Sundown dazzling day
    Gold through my eyes
    But my eyes turned within
    Only see
    Starless and bible black

Ice blue silver sky
    Fades into grey
    To a grey hope that oh years to be
    Starless and bible black

Old friend charity
    Cruel twisted smile
    And the smile signals emptiness
    For me
    Starless and bible black ....

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Soft Machine Legacy performing a set of the old stuff a few weeks ago-
    Didn't recognize the drummer, but a bit of googling revealed his identity: Nic France. He's followed in Marshall's footsteps before, having played for one of the later incarnations of Nucleus, and has an extensive resume.

Czesław Niemen - Dziwny jest ten świat (Opole 1979) stereo HQ

Czesław Niemen-Sen o Warszawie

Czeslaw Niemen - Jednego serca

Czesław Niemen - Człowiek Jam Niewdzięczny