Page 100 of 362 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 9032

Thread: NP

Pescado Rabioso - Desatormentándonos.

Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Phish 2016 Summer Tour Night One http://mixlr.com/the-kush-bush/

Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN, June 22, 2016

Start Time: 7:30 PM CDT

Set 1 Start: 9:07 PM CDT

Set 1:
    Pigtail
    Wolfman's Brother
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Invisible - Same.
    Pura Vida!.

Duke Ellington.

Shelagh McDonald: Let No Man Steal Your Thyme (with the wonderful Stargazer):

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Invisible - Same.
    Nice to see another LP-cover with the work of M.C. Escher. An idea for a new thread?

Kalle Mathiesen

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Nice to see another LP-cover with the work of M.C. Escher. An idea for a new thread?
    Go ahead!!
    Pura Vida!.

Duke Ellington.

Tonight's menu:

Pacific Sound -Forget Your Dream Mediocre Swiss Psych that at times dips below that. Originals are quite rare, but I pity the fool that paid the going rate for one. Graced the cover of the first Walter Geertsen catalog that I received back in the day.

Yes -Fragile Considered a classic by most Yes fans, I've never thought much of it due to the solo tracks. Thought it was time for a revisit, but yeah, not much here. Having said that, "South Side Of The Sky" is a truly great song, but I'd take the Glass Hammer version from 3RP with Susie on vocals over this. I have to admit, the playing on this is phenomenal. Too bad about the vocals and lyrics, but that's every Yes album.

Poobah -Wizard Of Psych Rated the weakest Poobah album on RYM, and so far, I'd have to agree. Jim got a vocalist who reminds of Bon Scott at times for this one. It doesn't suck, and there are some strong tracks here, but it's not up to their usual standard. Having said that, if you are a fan of Heavy Rock (not Heavy Metal) in an early 70s style, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't check this band out. Go with first album Let Me In and latter day No Control (even better) and you can thank me later.

Sea Nymphs -s/t This is really different. Equal parts beautiful and quirky, it's quite different than Cardiacs. I suspect it will take several listens to really sink in, but I like what I hear so far. Very good.

Daniel Lentz-Is It Love, from his Wild Turkeys cd.Music for keyboards and voices.Kinda blew me away upon first hearing(s).YMMV.

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Phish streaming live http://mixlr.com/sunsonisphere/

Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL, June 25, 2016
    Show Time: 7:00 PM CDT

Set One
    Start Time: 7:46 PM

The Moma Dance
    AC/DC Bag
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Echolyn - A Little Nonsense: Now And Then (3 CD set)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Neuschwanstein -Alice In Wonderland Anyone expecting Battlement Pt. 2 will be disappointed here. It's musically good, but the vocals are narration in German, and this isn't recommended unless you're a die hard for the band.
    Had this on a cassette-tape a long time before it was released on CD. Their debut and less a Genesis-clone than Battlement.

Magma - Epok I - Theusz Hamtaahk

Phish *streaming live* The Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA, June 28, 2016 http://mixlr.com/kevin-morrow/
    Show Time: 7:30 PM EDT (Show Start: 8:12)

Wilson
    Funky Bitch
    NMINML

N.W.:

A perfect "combination" IMO:

Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes.

Pura Vida!.

Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post

Magma - Epok I - Theusz Hamtaahk
    Pura Vida!.

Duke Ellington.

KA.F.KA: Fantôme Noir

(New band from former Ippu-Do and Japan-guitarist Masami Tsuchiya

FFWD - Orbert (1992) (unreleased demo mix)

Robert Fripp, Thomas Fehlmann, Kris Weston, and Dr. Alex Paterson.

Tonight's menu:

La Pietra Lunare -s/t More FolkRock than Prog-Rock, this still has a very full, lush sound that could appeal to Progheads. Can be purchased on Discogs from the label w/bonus CDR. (As I did.)

Waniyetula -A Dream Within A Dream For some reason, I thought this band was related to Schwarzarbeit, whose album Traum Oder Wirklichkeit I have and like, though it's not a masterpiece. But this band is actually related (or the same, I couldn't be bothered to sleuth it out) as Galaxy, of Nature's Clear Well fame, which I also like. Well, this is musically pretty good, but the AOR style vocals are abysmal. Showing it's 1983 provenance, I guess. Not recommended.

Dice -Live 1977 Recordings from Swedish Radio, the sound is quite good, and the tracks alternate between songs and interview bits in Swedish. This disc will appeal based on what you think of the band. Instrumental Swedish Symphonic (-ish, my add) Prog-Rock led by electric guitar, playing individual notes rather than chords. Often compared to Gentle Giant, but the resemblance is superficial at best to my ears, and I have 2 of their other releases.

Half Past Four -Rabbit In The Vestibule The first song is awful, and had me expecting Prog-Rock tinged AOR, but it's not. A fairly varied and well executed female fronted Prog-Rock album that is only let down by the modern production. Stark and unforgiving, like so much modern Prog-Rock, the subtlety and grace are lost due to the obsidian production. Give me the 70s sound any day. But this is a pretty good album.

Ivo Papazov, Dance of the falcon

Papasov funks ahead

LAGITAGIDA - TUTELA!! (TUTELA!!/2013)

ZWOYLD - Saink @ the Metro/Thiers (05/29/2014)

i.ain't.dead.irock

Sunblind Lion - Spring Essence (Observer/1976)

Buttered Bacon Biscuits - Losin' My Pride (From the Solitary Woods/2009)

i.ain't.dead.irock

Rïcïnn

https://blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/l-an

Music, lead vocals - Rïcïnn (Laure Le Prunenec)
    Guitar, backing vocals - Laurent Lunoir (Öxxö Xööx)
    Drums - Vincent Beaufort
    Bass - Antony Miranda
    Accordion - Marie Leclerc (Sïen Lïan)
    Cello - Guillaume Pruvost (Little Bird, Orpheus)