Thread: Honest feedback on a project of mine?

Honest feedback on a project of mine?

Hey guys-

It's been a while. I have finally migrated over to the new PE, and it's taken me a while to understand the site. I don't mean for my first thread back to be a self-promotion thing, but I have finally finished a project that I've been working on for quite some time now. I love getting feedback from you guys because it is always honest and constructive, and was wondering if I could trouble you for the same for this video. You can find it here!

Thanks everyone! Cheers to the new PE!

Very melodic, very mellow--nice work!

thank you!

Not my cup of tea at all, so I won't review it.

Not the type of thing I'd actively seek out, but pleasant to listen to. Put it this way - this is the kind of music I'd rather hear when forced to be in someone's workplace, instead of the interminable "easy listening", "lite FM", "golden oldies" or "classic rock" where people are listening to the same friggin' songs that have been played over and over and over for the past 30, 40, 50+ years. I'd rather hear something I've never heard before like your music, which is interesting enough to command some degree of listening attention, but not obtrusive enough where I'm muttering "shut the f*** up" under my breath upon hearing some trite lyric again for the 5,000 time...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Thank you both for your feedback. I know what you mean Garden Dreamer - worked at a market for years and my least favorite part of the job was the music! This video is currently only available to those who have the link, such as you guys, because I am trying to get as many opinions as I can before I submit it. I really do enjoy constructive criticism, and am willing to consider changing almost anything about it to make it better.

On the plus side:

Some nice sounds and tones from about 1:34 until about 6:15 - i guess that was the foundation for the piece. that could be listened to. nice pictures.

On the critical side - sounds like three or four ideas stapled together, particularly the 1st 1:34 (as an intro?) and the last 2 min, which doesn't seem to belong at all. didn't know where you were going with this.

My honest asshole-- oops, opinion?? I really really like it. Almost. I like everything apart from the drums, they kill it for me. I'm OK with the sort of electronica, loopy synthetic sound in the ambient parts, but when the regular drums kick in I can't listen to it- real (or better simulated) percussion would take the piece over the top, imho of course. But apart from that I like the keys, gtrs and vocals, and I think it's a cool piece. I don't find it meandering- at least, not in a bad way. Nice images, too!!

Very nice!

Thanks very much guys! Honest feedback is the most helpful. Some day I hope to record it with some real drums but didn't have access to my usual drummer for the past few months. I'm not a huge fan of em either :/.