Thread: Your Cardiacs memories

Your Cardiacs memories

Some of mine, mosty early to mid-90s, but some 00s as well.

*Going to three gigs in one week all over southern England
    *Chatting to Tim at a Sleepy People gig in Islington when he was doing the engineering type stuff with sound and lights or something.
    *Chatting to Jon Poole and Jim in a pub before a gig in Camden
    *Chatting to Bic prior to a Cardiacs gig at The Venue with my friend Ed, who had previously played in a band with Bic. Ed introduced me to Cardiacs in 88, I later played in a band with Ed.
    *Managing to get my hands on the last CD copy of Mr & Mrs Smith & Mr Drake at one of the Astoria "xmas" gigs, I think it was either Sean or Marina selling them and they said "that's the last one", I also bought at the same time, the bag of badges, and a polo shirt with the man/house logo
    *Finding Rude Bootleg on vinyl signed by all the band in a second hand record shop in Notting Hill
    *Coming out of the mini-festival thingy at The Venue, like 1 or 2 in the morning to find my drivers door window smashed, the keyhole screwed & an attempt at removing the gearstick lock.
    * Finding two of the 12" singles and an old album all together in a second hand record shop in Islington.
    * Finding one of the 12" singles in a second hand record shop in Stoke Newington.
    * Finding one of the 12" singles and one album in the second hand record shop outside the Old Spitalfields Market.
    * Finding loads of the stuff old and new on vinyl and CD in the record shops in Berwick Street.
    * Seeing the back of my head on the video of one of The Sea Nymphs gigs from The Monarch, Camden
    * Driving all over southern England and up into the midlands for gigs
    * Buying loads of bootleg cassettes and a couple of videos from the geezer on the street in Camden
    * Listening to the "Rarities" bootleg cassette, years and years before the Archive CD was released
    * Seeing a copy of the Bus 7" single on sale at a record fair at Ally Pally for £60 and still kicking myself for not buying it.
    * But best of all, jumping up and down like a demented clown at numerous gigs
    Last edited by PeterG; 11-11-2014 at 05:53 PM.

^ I love how all of the people jump up and down simultaneously on the Garage Concerts YouTube video - wacky time changes and all!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I think I remember where I put Sing To God.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I think I remember where I put Sing To God.
    Right after Heaven Born and Ever Bright and right before Guns.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Some of mine, mosty early to mid-90s, but some 00s as well.

*Going to three gigs in one week all over southern England
    *Chatting to Tim at a Sleepy People gig in Islington when he was doing the engineering type stuff with sound and lights or something.
    *Chatting to Jon Poole and Jim in a pub before a gig in Camden
    *Chatting to Bic prior to a Cardiacs gig at The Venue with my friend Ed, who had previously played in a band with Bic. Ed introduced me to Cardiacs in 88, I later played in a band with Ed.
    *Managing to get my hands on the last CD copy of Mr & Mrs Smith & Mr Drake at one of the Astoria "xmas" gigs, I think it was either Sean or Marina selling them and they said "that's the last one", I also bought at the same time, the bag of badges, and a polo shirt with the man/house logo
    *Finding Rude Bootleg on vinyl signed by all the band in a second hand record shop in Notting Hill
    *Coming out of the mini-festival thingy at The Venue, like 1 or 2 in the morning to find my drivers door window smashed, the keyhole screwed & an attempt at removing the gearstick lock.
    * Finding two of the 12" singles and an old album all together in a second hand record shop in Islington.
    * Finding one of the 12" singles in a second hand record shop in Stoke Newington.
    * Finding one of the 12" singles and one album in the second hand record shop outside the Old Spitalfields Market.
    * Finding loads of the stuff old and new on vinyl and CD in the record shops in Berwick Street.
    * Seeing the back of my head on the video of one of The Sea Nymphs gigs from The Monarch, Camden
    * Driving all over southern England and up into the midlands for gigs
    * Buying loads of bootleg cassettes and a couple of videos from the geezer on the street in Camden
    * Listening to the "Rarities" bootleg cassette, years and years before the Archive CD was released
    * Seeing a copy of the Bus 7" single on sale at a record fair at Ally Pally for £60 and still kicking myself for not buying it.
    * But best of all, jumping up and down like a demented clown at numerous gigs
    Jealous. Good for you man

apart from devouring all the music and experiencing sumptuous enhancement of life in general:

flying into london in 2007 to attend what, sadly, turned out to be one of the final CARDiACS gigs at the astoria. and ending up next to william d. drake in the auditorium. and recently: having had an extensive chat with none other than kavus torabi during KNiFEWORLD’s support of AMPLiFiER here (as well as with other members) and exclusively learning some tim smith- and CARDiACS-related info and facts first hand.

wealth.