Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackett's Genesis extended back in North America this week

Hackett's Genesis extended back in North America this week

I'm totally pumped as I have 7th row center seats for this Saturday at The Space in Westbury Long Island. Hard to believe I first saw Steve 40 yrs ago altogether six tours over the course of his career his last three with Genesis plus three as a solo artist including last years revisited show.
    Looking forward to hearing the added songs as anything from his Genesis catalogue is a welcomed addition to the tour.
    Considering that this could be my last dose of early Genesis music performed by one of the members from the classic lineup it would be a fantastic way to end it. I caught the 2007 Genesis tour and although I enjoyed it the Hackett revisited show was just so much more spectacular and I'm confident this weekend will not disappoint. For all those going enjoy the show for those not do anything you can to catch this amazing show.

Saw them a couple of weeks back, having seen the first revisited show the year before. I thought they were even better this time around and it was way better than the 2007 Genesis tour. You, and any Genesis fan going, will love it. Steve is totally on fire and the band are magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by martiprog View Post
    Saw them a couple of weeks back, having seen the first revisited show the year before. I thought they were even better this time around and it was way better than the 2007 Genesis tour. You, and any Genesis fan going, will love it. Steve is totally on fire and the band are magnificent.
    Will be in attendance on Saturday. Have never seen before.

Second time in a year for me Dec 2.

Great show.

DtB

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Saw the show in Montreal last year and going to Lynn next week. Checked the seating chart yesterday and looks like it might be a criminally underattended show. Steve may have oversaturated the local market. But we're in Row A!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'll be in the 2nd row in NYC. Anyone heard of any special guests this time around?

L.A. for the second round, Dec. 6th. Wouldn't miss it for anything! Satisfaction guaranteed. It's great to see some of the greatest prog songs that came out of England come to life once more. Plus Steve and his band really do it right! Certainly a do not miss!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

My lady and I will be at the Montreal show on Nov 29th . Row EE. Looking forward to it! Curious to know if any PEers will be in attendance?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    You're in for a treat Yves, if you were not at last year's Montreal gig at Place D'Arts...what a beautiful venue for this wonderful show. But since we were just in your fair city for the Bryan Ferry show in september, gonna catch this a little closer to home this time around. (Last year in Montreal he had Jerome Langlois (sp?) of maneige for an opening set. beautiful stuff.

Just saw that on Friday night just a few blocks away from Hackett's show Carl Palmer will be playing at BB King's. Prog is in da house, and it's my cuppa!

Yes, it's a beautiful venue but I prefer the more intimate Theatre Maisonneuve at Place Des Arts. I did not attend last year's show. It was reviews of that show and of the tour in general that made me buy tickets this time around... on a Saturday night no less!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I'm on the fence about seeing this show. I saw them the last time around and frankly can't get beyond the singer, and the drummer also bothers me. I think the re-creation of Genesis music deserves a drummer of the highest calibre.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Wow, we obviously differ here, I think Nad is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Saw the show in Montreal last year and going to Lynn next week. Checked the seating chart yesterday and looks like it might be a criminally underattended show. Steve may have oversaturated the local market. But we're in Row A!
    Yeah, I thought it was strange that SH was performing in both Lynn, MA and Concord, NH. I don't believe there is more than an hour's drive between the venues. I'll be at the Concord show on Sunday. I didn't get tickets until a few weeks ago and I got good seats. The golden circle seats were gone but there were still quite a few seats left in other sections. I don't know how big the Lynn venue is, but the Concord Capital For Performing Arts holds 1300. I'll be surprised if it's anywhere near sold out.

Personally, I would rather Hackett gets back to making new music.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I believe he's already finished, and he'd certainly started, a new album. His Twitter account had a lot about the recording some time back.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    Yeah. It will be interesting to see how this long stretch of Genesis touring affects his next album. I'm glad he was able to pad his retirement account though. He deserves to put his feet up when he's ready, after all that excellent guitar work and songwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'll be in the 2nd row in NYC.
    So will I, will also be at The Space the following night.

I'll be at the Concord, NH show. I believe I scored seats dead center, 12th row. If anyone tries to stand in front of me there will be trouble.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    I believe I read he has a new album coming out in February 2015 of new material.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Wow, we obviously differ here, I think Nad is amazing
    I agree I feel that Nad does a great job. He's filling some big shoes. His voice is similar to the originals but yet different enough to put his own mark on it. I thought Steve made a great choice using him for this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    I agree I feel that Nad does a great job. He's filling some big shoes. His voice is similar to the originals but yet different enough to put his own mark on it. I thought Steve made a great choice using him for this project.
    Yeah, Nad does a great job. I look forward to seeing the band for the first time, in Seattle December 10th.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Yeah, Nad does a great job. I look forward to seeing the band for the first time, in Seattle December 10th.
    Nad is great. He used to post here often. I'm going to see the band in Gatineau, Quebec on November 30th.

Cant wait - seeing him at the Egg in Albany Sunday November 23rd. Saw him the first time around in the same venue, simply amazing show, and expecting to be blown away again.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just saw that on Friday night just a few blocks away from Hackett's show Carl Palmer will be playing at BB King's. Prog is in da house, and it's my cuppa!
    Depending on when I get done with work I'm going to one of these shows. Leaning towards SH and I noticed there are puh-lenty of great seats left for Town Hall; $55-75-. Tix for CP are $35-
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........seen them both numerous times. This really should've been a co-billing. They're both basically tribute bands of themselves. Easily sells out Town Hall that way.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973