Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackett's Genesis extended back in North America this week

Considering going to one of the Keswick Theater shows next week.

Don't really have the money, but considering that it's the last time to catch it...
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Seeing Steve in Ridgefield Thu. Steve told me new album in Feb & new tour focusing on solo material to follow!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    My lady and I will be at the Montreal show on Nov 29th . Row EE. Looking forward to it! Curious to know if any PEers will be in attendance?
    Just bought myself a ticket in the balcony. On se voit le 29 mon cher. Long time no see

See you there Ian. I'll be sitting with all the snobs in the 5th row!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Speaking to my man Ant (Progman75) Only a prior engagement with my wife tomorrow is keeping me from going to tomorrow's gig in NYC. Steve was awesome although the venue absolutely stunk.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Banned
    Does anybody know who the personnel are for this tour? Kind of tired searching for the list.

Same as in the past except Nick Beggs on bass this time around. Roger King keyboards, Gary O Toole drums, Rob Townsend horns, Nad Sylvan vocals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvalvano View Post
    Same as in the past except Nick Beggs on bass this time around. Roger King keyboards, Gary O Toole drums, Rob Townsend horns, Nad Sylvan vocals
    Thanks.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm glad I should have good view of Roger King tomorrow - last time he was completely hidden from view.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm glad I should have good view of Roger King tomorrow - last time he was completely hidden from view.
    Will be in 101 in your row (aisle seat) if you wanna say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Frak, I'm wrong, I'm in almost exactly the same seats as last time. But that wasn't Town Hall, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Will be in 101 in your row (aisle seat) if you wanna say hi.
    If I remember to I'll look for you.

Going to Lynn, Mass on Wednesday.

Is there is an opener?

Bruce Willis is a Hackett fan he was at the show last night. I'm pretty sure there is no opening act on this tour. Looking forward to tonight. image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Bruce Willis is a Hackett fan he was at the show last night. I'm pretty sure there is no opening act on this tour. Looking forward to tonight. image.jpg
    Wow ...Weird...though of him more a Ted Nugent or Kid Rock fan lol.

Bruce Willis was like "Where the hell is Phil Collins?"

Goddamn Hackett is good. He's my favorite guitar player to watch playing. It's amazing the stuff he can do.

The show at The Town Hall last night was very good (as usual). There ended up being very little empty seats including the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    Wow ...Weird...though of him more a Ted Nugent or Kid Rock fan lol.
    Remember back in the late 80s when Bruce Willis had his Return of Bruno phase? To me he was following closely in Phil Collins' footsteps with his covers of old R&B toons like "Under the Boardwalk". So yeah -- I wouldn't have pegged him as a big fan of "Return of the Giant Hogweed".
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I saw the hackett show in NYC and the biggest difference in this tour than last time was Nick Beggs bass work lifted the whole band to another level..

And yet another stellar show last night in Westbury. For some reason, it just seemed a little better than the night before. Don't know why. Maybe a tad bit looser. Nick Beggs was killer last night. He never seems to miss a note. I really liked the venue. First time there. This is NOT the old Westbury Music Fair. This is a theater downtown. Apparently they only started having concerts there several months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    And yet another stellar show last night in Westbury. For some reason, it just seemed a little better than the night before. Don't know why. Maybe a tad bit looser. Nick Beggs was killer last night. He never seems to miss a note. I really liked the venue. First time there. This is NOT the old Westbury Music Fair. This is a theater downtown. Apparently they only started having concerts there several months ago.
    Will never sit on the floor there again. OK, I was spoiled by the second-row center seats in NYC the night before when it felt like a private performance between Steve and me, last night was seated in the 10th row (J) in Westbury a little to the left of center. Problem was that in most theatre-style venues the seats are not directly behind each other affording a fairly clear view of the stage, last night the temporary seats were set up exactly that way meaning the head of the person in front of me blocked like a third of the stage so I couldn't see Nad and Steve at the same time, and had to crane my neck to the left or right to get a clear view of either. I also didn't care for the 7:00 starting time listed on Ticketmaster when it was in reality 8:00, the box office doesn't answer the phone either so you can't ask what time the show starts. They pulled the same stunt with Procol Harum a couple of months back so I knew the deal, but I'm pretty sure most didn't and showed up at 7:00 to wait an hour for the show. I realize they want you there early to drink but come on, at least show the door time and show time like most other venues do. It's a nice venue but from now on I'll sit higher up for sure, that head-in-the-way thing really detracted from the show, for me, anyway.
    Last edited by BarryLI; 11-16-2014 at 10:51 AM.

3rd row in Concord NH tonight! Will be in front of the Beggulator. Last year I was 1st row in front of Hackett.

Since I am mostly out of touch on Rock Music tours, I just saw he was playing soon in Los Angeles, well, all of the $89 seats were sold out and I did not feel like paying $70 for Balcony seats, so I just bought his Live at Hammersmith show (on ebay) for $22 shipped...