Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Penis

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    This review on rateyourmusic by thrasher2809 would make me search this thing out without hearing a note:

Alumni from Henry Cow and Aksak Maboul make an album that sounds like Swans playing the Residents' "Eskimo" by way of Penderecki.

DIFFICULT, to say the least. Very, very difficult.

After listening to the above cample I must find this.
    Oh yeah bro - a MUST album IMO.

Just when you think you have heard all of the obscure gems that sprouted up from the UK, here comes another one that is unlike anything before or after. It's exactly just like Foxtrot, only exactly different.

chalkpie

That's a fantastic tune as well, but wouldn't have made a nearly as titillating Thread title.

Put 'em both and make it Penis Rain

Sorry, I shouldn't be such a dick.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post

From the Reigning In Penis album?

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post

I dunno, that might be too hard?

chalkpie

Is this the best title of a song ever? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Furious Pig were a weirdo a capella group drawing some influence from Balinese Kecak.
    If that description doesn't sell me on it, nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks for the Penis tip.
    Just the tip...
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    If you're lucky like me, you can be an asshole, an SOB, and a prick all in one. [...] Furious Piggy? Never heard them, but if they are Het related, how bad could it possibly be? Do you have their album Scroter?
    I dunno about prick, but dear Rufus once called me "such a dick" - does that count? PS, don't tell him about this thread, 'cause he'll come in here and dissect Het's music piece-by-piece over part-by-part with his crushing argument and render us all ardent Stryper aficionados on his way out.

Furious Pig; never heard them, only of them. But if the given description (above) fits in any way whatsoever, it'd be something to check out if at all possible.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I was a victim of circumstance,

I have no tip.

I adore this album
    I met Tim H last week and somehow forgot to pick his brain about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I dunno about prick, but dear Rufus once called me "such a dick" - does that count?
    You left out the obligatory exclamation marks at the end of each and every sentence!! Even if the sentence doesn't warrant them!!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Why would I write a sentence on the internet if it wasn't important enough to have exclamation points!!!!!!! Er, ?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Why do I find someone called "Scrotum Scissor" posting in a thread called "penis" so unnerving?
    Don't delay, dock the dick!

OH NO, NEWS JUST IN: UK FORMER BAND HET SUES DUTCH BAND HET FOR SHITLOADS OF MEAN MONEYS!!!!! GIVAZZARNAMEBACK YA'TWATS!!, THEY SAY!

Speaking of this, does anybody know if the AdHoc CD reissue of Let's Het from a decade back is still in circulation? Somehow I can't think of any other way this could be obtained, er, physically. I mean, it isn't as if you'll just come across an original vinyl copy... I presume. At least I never saw one.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor
    I mean, it isn't as if you'll just come across an original vinyl copy... I presume. At least I never saw one.
    Oddly, the originals are cheaper than the CDs.

http://www.discogs.com/Het-Lets-Het/release/836441

And no, neither of those copies are mine, so I'm not selling anything here - just found it a curious observation to share.

The album is VERY interesting, by the way. Can't say it's a desert island disc or anything like that, and even with all my well-documented love for various kinds of fringe music I sometimes find it a challenging listen. Challenging - but rewarding, as it always happens with good music. Totally unlike anything else in my collection, that's for sure.

I snagged a used copy of the CD earlier today via the great Satan that is Amazon. I think it was US$12 total including shipping...

I heard you get the shaft if you buy this

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Wayside have it in stock
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "I tell you, guys, this Penis is gonna be HUGE!"

"When we're done there won't be a man, woman or child in the country that doesn't love Penis!!"