Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosfest 2015 Bands- Where Do I Begin?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Hmmm, YESHEAD777 lives in Tennessee. What's up with that, Fred?

Oh wait, maybe it's Steve B.
    Yeshead lives about 15 minutes away from us. He has been present at a few pre-release album listenings in the past and was a member of the inner circle. I think the ones he picked are probably the way to go. There will be If songs played, probably stuff from Lex Rex and Inconsolable, the last album Ode To Echo and there will be a new album out by the time of ROSfest and I'm sure we'll do a couple from that. And a few surprise deep cuts I'm sure. Don't expect to hear much from before 2000 though, I'd skip all that. (Maye one song though... )

Steve posts on here as GlassHammer I think. He only does official hyperbole.

I'm all about surprises. For the most part I know nothing of the bands until ROSfest and it's usually there, after the shows I pick up the c.d.s. Live music is the best introduction for this music fan.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Yeshead lives about 15 minutes away from us. He has been present at a few pre-release album listenings in the past and was a member of the inner circle. I think the ones he picked are probably the way to go. There will be If songs played, probably stuff from Lex Rex and Inconsolable, the last album Ode To Echo and there will be a new album out by the time of ROSfest and I'm sure we'll do a couple from that. And a few surprise deep cuts I'm sure. Don't expect to hear much from before 2000 though, I'd skip all that. (Maye one song though... )Steve posts on here as GlassHammer I think. He only does official hyperbole.
    Unbeknownst to Fred and Steve I no longer live in Tennessee! Texas is my home now, has been for about 2 months! Sorry Fred, meant to drop ya'll a line, but been so busy. Will definetely miss you guys! Play "If the stars" for me!

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Steve posts on here as GlassHammer I think. He only does official hyperbole.
    And there will be official hyperbole in the very near future. The most amazing, awesome and epic hyperbole that has ever been uttered here.

I try to find a middle ground when preparing for Rosfest. Generally, I might buy one CD from each artist and see how things go from there. I don't just blindly buy each band's complete discography. Rarely, do I not like them at all, as George always does pick out worthwhile bands. I was listening to the new Enchant CD today which I like a lot and I bought mainly because of advice here.

Library Jon

Since my last post, I have bought a few more CDs from Rosfest 2015 bands. Recently, I picked up Haken- "Restoration EP", Strattman "Lie Of The Beholder", and Heliopolis "City Of The Sun". The Haken EP is pretty good. Mike Portnoy plays drums on some of it. I predict that Haken will play most of this EP at the festival. The Strattman album is pretty good as well. NDV plays drums on it. I am now curious about the Little Atlas albums. The Heliopolis album is pretty enjoyable. If you like Mars Hollow, you will probably like this as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction with the rest of the Rosfest bands that I have not gotten to yet?

Library Jon