Thread: Ozbourne's return to TV.

Ozbourne's return to TV.

The wicked witch Sharon Ozbourne has announced they're filming another mini-series of the reality TV show The Ozbourne's. She said Ozzy was 'drunk' when the previous series was filmed & wants the public to see how functions now he's sober!

I've heard her say he was 'wasted' then

Burned through their previous show's residuals already, huh? Time to put Ozzy back to work making music perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    The wicked witch Sharon Ozbourne has announced they're filming another mini-series of the reality TV show The Ozbourne's. She said Ozzy was 'drunk' when the previous series was filmed & wants the public to see how functions now he's sober!
    I don't believe she gives a rats ass about showing the public how Ozzy functions sober, it's all about the cash (but I guess that's incredibly obvious to everyone here). With Tony Iommi's cancer battle continuing I'd much rather see Ozzy putting his energy into doing as much Sabbath (touring/albums) as Tony is up for
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Ozzy says its up to Sharon whether or not Bill Ward returns for BS' s last album/tour! Unbelievable!!!!

I recently read that on Ultimate Guitar and couldn't believe it. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard Ozzy mumble, hard to believe Ozzy is hiding behind Sharon and not taking responsibility for leaving Bill out. If he would f'n grow a pair and say "I want Bill", Bill would be in.
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Burned through their previous show's residuals already, huh? Time to put Ozzy back to work making music perhaps.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_(Black_Sabbath_album)

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Well, given the fact that she's one of the hosts on that The View knock off and also on one of those talent contest shows, I don't think residuals are a problem. I think it's more that she's got whatever affliction Gene Simmons has when it comes to money.

That stupid reality show was one of the things I feel has ruined Ozzy. Well, I dunno, maybe ruined is the wrong word. I just liked him a lot better when he wasn't this mainstream pop culture figure. I know he couldn't maintain the image he had in the 80's forever, but they've gone too far in the other direction, as far as I'm concerned. And that cell phone commercial where they were making fun of his speech, I mean, I dunno, it just struck me as a bit undignified. I did like the video game commercial, where he says tells the evil character from the video game that "I've been the Prince of Darkness since 1979", then when the game character fires an energy wave at Ozzy, he calls out "SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!!".

When I first read that they were talking reality show, I think in Rolling Stone (probably in one of the last issues before my subscription lapsed), I thought it was some kind of put on. Then like a year and a half later, it was on the air. I watched a few episodes, but it mostly just got boring really fast to me. I hope that this time, Sharon, Ozzy, and the kids (hopefully the kids aren't still living at home) have figured out how to talk without having every other word bleeped out.

BTW, speaking of Sabbath, they've been showing this concert from the most recent reunion tour on VH-1 Classic lately. Is it just me, or does the drummer they've got look like someone they might have plucked out of a tribute band? I mean, if you watch the concert video they did from the Never Say Die tour, this new guy looks almost exactly like Bill Ward did in that concert video, shirtless, long beard, even the way his mannerisms when play strike me as "Bill Ward clone".

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    That stupid reality show was one of the things I feel has ruined Ozzy. Well, I dunno, maybe ruined is the wrong word. I just liked him a lot better when he wasn't this mainstream pop culture figure..
    Agreed

Several years ago I heard/saw Ozzy say 'there's only one Black Sabbath, and thats..." naming himself and Tommy, Geezer, and Bill. I think that was around the time Dio was singing with Iommi & Geezer and they changed their name to Heaven and Hell. I wonder if Ozzy, Tom or Geezer remember Ozzy saying that, since they did a Black Sabbath album and tour w/o Bill. I've gotten back into them for the first time since the 'reality' show. I thought that show turned him into a caricature.

Cool, another show I won't watch.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I thought that show turned him into a caricature.
    Oh, is that when it happened?

Aw shit, I thought this thread was about a new series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.<crap jokes only Brits will understand/>