Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AC/DC defo finnished now!!! (Or so Rufus thought!)

AC/DC defo finnished now!!! (Or so Rufus thought!)

Drummer Phil faces up to 10 years in jail if convicted of attempting to procure murder of 2 men
    AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has appeared in a New Zealand court charged with attempting to procure the murder of two men.

The 60-year-old was arrested early this morning when his home in Tauranga was raided by police, acting on information received from a member of the public. The alleged offences are said to have taken place between September 25 and 26 this year.

He later entered no plea at Tauranga District Court to the main charge, plus additional charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis and threatening to kill. If found guilty, he could face a jail sentence of up to 10 years.

Investigating officers have named the two intended victims and the person who was to carry out the killings, but the information was suppressed by Judge Louis Bidois.

Rudd was released on bail and will return to court in three weeks, Stuff.co.nz reported. He made no statement as he left the building.

The drummer became the subject of speculation when he failed to appear for a video shoot in London last month, ahead of the release of AC/DC’s 16th album Rock Or Bust on December 1. The band later released a press photo that didn’t feature Rudd, but offered no explanation. Frontman Brian Johnson is said to have told fans during the shoot that Rudd was absent for family reasons.

Rock Or Bust will be the Aussie giants’ first album without mainman Malcolm Young, who’s been forced to retire as a result of dementia.

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Back in Orange
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Bring back Chris Slade.
    Chad

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I expect to hear that song a bit less frequently in the immediate future. I imagine many radio station programmers and many listeners would find it in poor taste. "Jailbreak" likewise. Perhaps "Highway to Hell" might be at least deemed appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Bring back Chris Slade.
    Yep!!!

Back In Black (and White Prison Uniform)

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    What is this "defo" shit? Too lazy for another 6 keystrokes, or is it just what the cool young Bieber fangirls are using these days?
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Not finished at all. The new album is already in the can and the world tour prep is already well under way. In fact 2015 is going to be a huge year for the band. Rudd has been replaced in the past (Simon Wright for 5 years and Chris Slade after that for 5 years), so the show will go on with or without Rudd.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    What is this "defo" shit? Too lazy for another 6 keystrokes, or is it just what the cool young Bieber fangirls are using these days?
    I want to know why he bothered with the 'o'. "Def" is the universally accepted abbreviation for "definitely".

Jailbreak!

where is the 'they were finished when Bon Scott died" crowd? I've never bought an AC/CD album but I'm pulling for them and want to hear new material when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Back in Orange

Rudd's got the biggest balls of them all...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Suspended
    The charge of arranging a murder attempt has been dropped.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-0...s-acdc/5874790

OK People. Nothing to see here
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    The charge of arranging a murder attempt has been dropped.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-0...s-acdc/5874790
    Good news. I had a feeling maybe we were all jumping to conclusions before anything is really proven. Hope everything works out for him and all this bad pub will blow by. Curious to hear some cuts from the new album. I hope it's got more balls than the last album (although I understand Brendan O'Brien produced it again. Personally I think Rick Rubin, or the Youngs could produce a better sounding album than the last one).
    Last edited by Vic2012; 11-07-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    OK People. Nothing to see here
    Did you read the article?

The 60-year-old musician was also charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis and threatening to kill, after a police raid on his North Island home yesterday.

Those charges are still being held against him.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Then they ARE defo finnished!

Crimso

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    As soon as I heard the news on the radio, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. Not surprising you brought that up so quickly. Well done!!

What is this "defo" shit?
    It's a perfectly acceptable UK abbreviation that has been around for eons. And no more unusual than Americans who say "I could hit that" or "I scored Lizard on vinyl yesterday" or "I'm jonesing for some Pink Floyd"

Tell me Paulie, what is all this hitting women, scoring and jonesing shit.....too lazy to not use slang?
    Get used to it, it isn't only yanks on here you know!

This sent to me this morning:

A New Zealand police charge of "attempting to procure murder" against AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has been dropped, his lawyer said.

Rudd, the 60-year-old drummer for the legendary hard rock band, had been accused of trying to have two men killed. But the Crown Solicitor decided there wasn't enough evidence to justify it, attorney Paul Mabey said in a statement.

"The charge alleging an attempt to procure murder should never have been laid. The Crown Solicitor's opinion was not sought. The charge is now withdrawn, within 24 hours of Mr. Rudd's first appearance in court," Mabey said. "Mr. Rudd has suffered unnecessary and extremely damaging publicity as a result of widespread and sensational reporting of a very serious allegation, which on any basis was never justified."

rest of article at http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    It's a perfectly acceptable UK abbreviation that has been around for eons. And no more unusual than Americans who say "I could hit that" or "I scored Lizard on vinyl yesterday" or "I'm jonesing for some Pink Floyd"

Tell me Paulie, what is all this hitting women, scoring and jonesing shit.....too lazy to not use slang?
    Thank you PeterG

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Those aren't abbreviations.

What country is Rufus from?