28 Nov Montréal, Quebec, Canada Gesu Theater
    29 Nov Stowe, VT Rusty Nail
    30 Nov Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Salle Sylvain-Lelièvre
    02 Dec Pawtucket, RI The Met
    03 Dec Northampton, MA Iron
    Tony Ortiz - Official Archivist at Emerson Lake & Palmer
    https://www.facebook.com/tony.ortiz.94064

Thx

I'll check this out, but I thought Carl retired?

So cool that Steven Wilson is playing with Carl!
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Hello.

I posted a separate thread about this on the What's New forum, but I thought I would also respond here. It seems that a lot of local ProgDay attendees are unaware of the Durham, NC, show on Thursday. So I'm just pointing it out for those who may have let it slip under the radar.

Cheers.

Michael

www.progday.net
    www.michaelbennett.com

ELP Legacy? I guess "P Legacy" doesn't have the same ring to it ...

Will they play "Do the Twist" by Chubby Checker and the Fat Boys as well? Always kinda liked that one.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Yeah, I'll be at the ATL show (just 2 days after seeing Robin Trower at the same venue)

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    ELP Legacy? I guess "P Legacy" doesn't have the same ring to it ...
    Back when they were making Black Moon Marc Mancina had a quote about "helping the band to re-discover their essential ELP-ness". And Carl does put the "P" in P-ness.

I hope they come down to South Florida sometime. Haven't seen 'em yet. I'd really like them to get cooking on some originals.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prog Lives View Post
    Thx

I'll check this out, but I thought Carl retired?
    I believe you're referring to some internet prank (that may not be the right word) that Carl carried out a number of weeks back. Apparently this is in keeping with his sense of humor. There was a thread about his one - try searching "Carl Palmer" and you may come up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    I believe you're referring to some internet prank (that may not be the right word) that Carl carried out a number of weeks back. Apparently this is in keeping with his sense of humor. There was a thread about his one - try searching "Carl Palmer" and you may come up with it.
    Thx

I remember the thread and people making fun of how the announcement was phrased "legendary" or something like that

I didn't follow close enough to know it was a hoax

British humor, even Brits don't get half of it

Why was the band name changed to Legacy? They are still quite the going concern live.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    We had seen the CPB in Montreal a few years back and enjoyed the show, so since they're ending the tour in my town (Northampton MA) 12/3 at the Horse, I will in all liklihood "see the show"! On a related note, did anyone else recognize the guitarist (Paul, who has also played with Neal Morse's band and is on one of the Sola Scriptura and Beyond DVDs) outside the Colonial Theater in Boston before the King Crimson show in September handing out flyers for an upcoming Belew show? I believe he's a Brit, not sure why he was there but my wife and I took the opportunity to chat with him about the CPB show we saw and our admiration for his work with Neal.

It's actually "by" Tchaikovsky.

B. Bumble and the Stingers popularized it as "Nut Rocker" in 1962.

We caught the Carl Palmer band last night here in Atlanta @ the Variety Playhouse.

A DRAMATIC difference in the attendance numbers from the Robin Trower show just 2 days before (Trower: Sardine-packed, standing room only) Last night for Palmer: approximately 1/3 filled (if that!!)

Long-story-short: A stunning re-orchestration of many classic (and some deep cut) ELP tunes, with many of the original keyboard parts being shared by the guitarist and bass-player. (who was absolutely badd@ss)

My drummer-friend and I were stunned at the shear technical ability and musicality of this configuration. Props to Carl for keeping this music alive in a LIVE context. The music is so great and transends itself from the original Keys, bass, drums, voice model.

A few high points: Tarkus, Mars/Schizoid Man medley, Knife Edge, Rondo.

Unexpected deep cut: Trilogy

A truely inspiring evening of great music

I've seen CPB three times now. The first time I was skeptical with the guitar replacing the keyboards. I was sold in the first 5 minutes of the show. CPB rocks hard.