Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED CD - Ayreon : Universal Migrator - Parts 1 and 2

I think I had his Ambeon album for a bit, that mellower thing he did with the female singer. There were a couple of nice enough tracks on there.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmer View Post
    Has anyone listened to the latest Ayeron album recently? I heard it once not long after it was out and did not like it at all. So out if it comes a rhetorical question - does repeated listening bring more rewards?
    Still don't care for this one at all. Very disappointing, as I always really like whatever Arjen does... but The Theory Of Everything just did nothing for me.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Still don't care for this one at all. Very disappointing, as I always really like whatever Arjen does... but The Theory Of Everything just did nothing for me.
    I've heard it only once but as far as I remember it was too theatrical and too fragmented. The easiest way would be to say it was just uninteresting. There were so few passages that were musically exciting for this kind of music. But I can only repeat that I think he is a very good vocal melody composer but an average intrumental part creator.

Part 2 was just too heavy for me to relate to. However, The Dream Sequencer is one of my favorite CDs.
    Druids Turn To Stone is one of my all time favorite songs. Lush acoustic guitars, classic Mini-Moog, and soaring vocals. Yum!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"