Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going On On This Cover?

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    Hi guys,

The girl on that album cover appears to have “cottage cheese” skin because (everything you see here) was hand-painted, she does not exist in real life.
    NO use of Photoshop software etc was used in producing the album cover. I know this because I painted that.
    This album comes in a Gatefold Digipack with a 16 page booklet.

Life is too short to be Grumpy, it’s ok if you don’t like it, I understand and really don’t mind. Let’s not be silly, People buy whatever they want and I too believe that one prior to purchasing an album will give it a listen first.
    Give it a spin, you guys might like it.
    This album, CORVUS STONE II, is currently positioned at number two TOP 2014 Album Releases in Progarchives.

Hugs to all you, GRUMPIES
    and the only reason it is so high on PA's list is because there's a sexy looking lady in lingerie wearing a plague masque. not criticizing the music, as I never heard Corvus Stone, but if it contained, say, me in lingerie (stop screaming), nobody would touch the thing. The only way it could get number one there is if Steve Wilson was involved in it.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    and the only reason it is so high on PA's list is because there's a sexy looking lady in lingerie wearing a plague masque. not criticizing the music, as I never heard Corvus Stone, but if it contained, say, me in lingerie (stop screaming), nobody would touch the thing. The only way it could get number one there is if Steve Wilson was involved in it.
    Have a listen to the band you might like them I will not compare them to Steven Wilson only because of the fact that Steven has proven himself over and over again. That said it's very hard for a new band to get noticed, harder even for people to at least give them a quick listen. The fact is that prog bands already have an uphill struggle to get noticed while out there are so many great new bands, I get excited very often when I discover something new which I have not heard before but wow many are so SO good! It’s an incredible thrill really! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I had no idea who the artist was, let alone that it was someone on PE when I started the thread. I just saw the album go up on Laser's Edge, and I'm often amused by the "sexy" prog and metal covers which are actually pretty common. Which doesn't mean some of them aren't well done, but I sometimes think they're a funny choice for an album cover. This illustration taken on its own is fine - much better than that Iron Maiden cover! I do think it's funny as an album cover, but if the band don't take themselves that seriously, who cares?
    JKL2000;328201, I know there was no mal intend on what you previous said also there is no such thing as the expected when it comes to prog or maybe (lately) it has become more predictable and this is would be a shame really.
    This album cover was inspired by the music, the colours, rich tones etc etc (cooee! pls don't fall asleep ) everything here was inspired by the moozik, the whole concept really otherwise I would not do it because my mind would be blank really

I do not want to spam, but considering that the album artwork is the main topic, if you saw the rest of the artwork on the album it might persuade you to change you mind
    Hugs xxxx
    BACK AND FRONT COVER longer height02.jpg
    Last edited by Sonia_Mota; 11-03-2014 at 04:54 PM.

I had no idea who the artist was, let alone that it was someone on PE when I started the thread. I just saw the album go up on Laser's Edge, and I'm often amused by the "sexy" prog and metal covers which are actually pretty common. Which doesn't mean some of them aren't well done, but I sometimes think they're a funny choice for an album cover. This illustration taken on its own is fine - much better than that Iron Maiden cover! I do think it's funny as an album cover, but if the band don't take themselves that seriously, who cares?
    Ha! As a very evolved orangutan. you just gave me an idea be brb!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000.

JKL2000,
    Stop scratching your head xxx hugs IMG-20141103-00217.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    That explains the textural anomalies on her skin others referred to as cottage cheese or if you prefer a more medical term, cellulite.
    this is correct, thank you very much for pointing this out 3LockBox xxxxx hihihi cellulite is a nightmare really damn things!

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Have a listen to the band you might like them I will not compare them to Steven Wilson only because of the fact that Steven has proven himself over and over again. That said it's very hard for a new band to get noticed, harder even for people to at least give them a quick listen. The fact is that prog bands already have an uphill struggle to get noticed while out there are so many great new bands, I get excited very often when I discover something new which I have not heard before but wow many are so SO good! It’s an incredible thrill really! xxx

Thanks! I plan on giving them a listen!

I also know a few folks from PA hide in here, so I like to poke fun at them periodically, as well as the PE folks
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've listened to camples on the YouTube and they seem to have a Zappa-lite thing going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Thanks! I plan on giving them a listen!

I also know a few folks from PA hide in here, so I like to poke fun at them periodically, as well as the PE folks
    Rune! This is a good idea! I am a progarchives member too ( I like it here too ) and my favorite grumpies are not scary at all, all of them are so sweet cuddly kutchy, kutchy sweet fab too

xxxxx

Haha, JKL's been awfully quiet since that drawing... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    He thinks it looks more like his cousin Magilla, and he hates to be an art critic.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    I just saw it now! LOL. It's a pretty good likeness, actually. Sonia made a monkey out of me...

Beats making a fool out of yourself ;-)
    Have you listened to the album by now?

I just saw it now! LOL. It's a pretty good likeness, actually. Sonia made a monkey out of me...
    hahaha!! Wow took me a while to find this thread again and no I have drawn you not just like a monkey, infact it's a very highly evolved Orangutan hugs (looking for appropriate smiley to add here but dang the smileys on here it's like ms dos :/ we need an update on smiley, everyone love smileys plus we need a group hug button too mhwoaaahhxxxxxx GROUP HUG to you all xxxxx

finding this thread was not easy, I am a nincompoop I know but but but and but

SM - I checked out all of your on-line artwork presence = great stuff and keep up the positive direction.

I don't make it here to PE too much anymore - but it's always nice to see a new face (and contributing member!)

Best of luck and tty soon.

~josef

What's Going On On This Cover?
    1. A dress
    2. And the record player, again

I missed these comments, sorry I never thought anyone would comment further on here thus didn't pay any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by WHORG View Post
    SM - I checked out all of your on-line artwork presence = great stuff and keep up the positive direction.

I don't make it here to PE too much anymore - but it's always nice to see a new face (and contributing member!)

Best of luck and tty soon.

~josef
    Awww Josef, thank you so much!!! Your words mean a heck of a lot to me right now, seriously, thank you very much! Please come back and stay here big hug to you xx

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    1. A dress
    2. And the record player, again
    hahahahaha!!!!! PeterG, your answer hahaha... brilliant!

She has a hot smooth bum, JKL2000! What album is this? This is an album right?

Looks like a typical Mardi Gras night
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

She has a hot smooth bum, JKL2000! What album is this? This is an album right?
    You're right! Probably too smooth - I think some photoshopping was done. Yeah, it's some kind of metal album I came across.