Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going On On This Cover?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

What's Going On On This Cover?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    A young lady getting ready to go to a costume party was suddenly startled by a rustling of feathers, and turns to see that she's about to get attacked by a raven.

Whats up with the wrinkled skin, first noticed on the ass but its everywhere like the arms etc? Thought it was cottage cheese cellulite but maybe something more sinister?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Whats up with the wrinkled skin, first noticed on the ass but its everywhere like the arms etc? Thought it was cottage cheese cellulite but maybe something more sinister?
    Probably just from resizing a lossy jpg.
    Take a look at the biggest one out there:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-i...2B%2B%2B28.jpg

I think the artist spent so much time on perfecting the curve and texture of her lower butt-curve and inner thighs he ran out of time for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I think the artist spent so much time on perfecting the curve and texture of her lower butt-curve and inner thighs he ran out of time for the rest.
    You mean she
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

I'm so tired of my family photos somehow making it onto the net.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    A young lady getting ready to go to a costume party was suddenly startled by a rustling of feathers, and turns to the mirror to see that she's about to get attacked by has become a raven.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'm so tired of my family photos somehow making it onto the net.
    Regards,

Duncan

Every time she puts that record on (watch the label) she slowly turns into a raven. Or something like that (maybe a confused female Dorian Gray?).

What is going on is that they are trying to get you to buy the album because of the cover, duh!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Love the nose mask. That's from the days of the Plague. Doctors wore them. They were filled with potpourri to mask the stench of death and to purify the air before the doctor breathed it in. You just don't see that kind of mask anymore. Wonder if the young lady was worried about the Plague?
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    It looks like it might have been done on a computer. Reminds me of that terrible Iron Maiden cover , Dance of Death.

First thing I noticed was her booty. Nice, even with a little cottage cheese. At my age a little cottage cheese is okay.

She's going to an Eyes Wide Shut party.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I don't know, ask the artist (she's on PE).

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    You mean she
    Gah, I knew when I typed that is was going to come back and bite me.

Hi guys,

The girl on that album cover appears to have “cottage cheese” skin because (everything you see here) was hand-painted, she does not exist in real life.
    NO use of Photoshop software etc was used in producing the album cover. I know this because I painted that.
    This album comes in a Gatefold Digipack with a 16 page booklet.

Life is too short to be Grumpy, it’s ok if you don’t like it, I understand and really don’t mind. Let’s not be silly, People buy whatever they want and I too believe that one prior to purchasing an album will give it a listen first.
    Give it a spin, you guys might like it.
    This album, CORVUS STONE II, is currently positioned at number two TOP 2014 Album Releases in Progarchives.

Hugs to all you, GRUMPIES

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It looks like it might have been done on a computer. Reminds me of that terrible Iron Maiden cover , Dance of Death.
    nope it was all hand-painted. I spent a couple of months on this.
    Last edited by Sonia_Mota; 11-01-2014 at 02:56 PM.

The imagination from some of the members here above are so funny aand yes Eyes Wide Shut movie also came to mind

Hi Sonia! I think it's a terrific cover The hearth and fire are particularly outstanding to my (very amateur) eye. I do sort of stand by my observation that the attention to detail in the female form itself was put where it was most... er... warranted Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Hi Sonia! I think it's a terrific cover The hearth and fire are particularly outstanding to my (very amateur) eye. I do sort of stand by my observation that the attention to detail in the female form itself was put where it was most... er... warranted Cheers!
    hahaha!!! Hello trurl, you are making me laugh hahaha! Thank you very much, hugs xx

I think it's a brave cover that will surely get the band some attention!

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I think it's a brave cover that will surely get the band some attention!
    Thank you, Ian I hope so. Hug xxx

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Don't sweat it Sonia. Many of the PE members here, Trurl included, get nitpicked every time they put themselves out here. Its what we do.

So, we know where you got your inspiration for female in the mask... did you use a live model? paint her from memory? Picture? Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Don't sweat it Sonia. Many of the PE members here, Trurl included, get nitpicked every time they put themselves out here. Its what we do.

So, we know where you got your inspiration for female in the mask... did you use a live model? paint her from memory? Picture? Something else?
    Hi 3LockBox,
    That's ok, thank you, plus I am too much of a silly nincompoop to take offence at witty pun intended comments, it's all just fun.

The inspiration came from the music, the woman with the mask reference to 3 tracks on the album (track 4. Sneaky Entrance into Lisa, 7. Lisa has a Cigar and 15. Moaning Lisa). As you see this band do not take themselves seriously either hahaha other song titles are just as silly if not more
    Coupling all that together somehow I came up with that, She is wearing a mask in reference to the bands name which is CORVUS this means RAVEN or CROW in latin or maybe her nose is really big dunno. I did want to create a timeless environment, avoid a specific era and rather leave for others to decide.
    The idea was an Eyes Wide Shut plus 50 Shades of Grey (not read the book yet but heard about it ) mixed with The Big Lebowsky just for fun and because I can

She is a fixture of my imagination, all of her in my head. I have been drawing people and characters since primary school, it started with Red Sonja I think

Big hug! xx