Thread: The Atomic Bitchwax

The Atomic Bitchwax

does anybody out there/here (besides me) like this band?

I have their first two albums , I like the second one better than the first but they are both good

Cool. I haven't listened to them in a while, but I have to re-build my library so when I got to them I decided to play them again. I have st/, II, 3 and Local Fuzz.

I only had The Local Fuzz, which I dug from hearing on the Stoner thread. Then I found a link where they were offering their ENTIRE CATALOG for download for only 5 bucks, which is also posted on that thread. Good stuff, I like the first 2 albums but the next two were so-so.
    "Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    I only had The Local Fuzz, which I dug from hearing on the Stoner thread. Then I found a link where they were offering their ENTIRE CATALOG for download for only 5 bucks, which is also posted on that thread. Good stuff, I like the first 2 albums but the next two were so-so.
    I downloaded their back catalog as well from their website. I've only spent time with the first album so far and I like it very much!

Back in the late '90's, I had a band "ORION" that had Keith Ackerman as one of our two drummers. I used to jam with Ed Mundell quite a bit back then too. I still have my original Atomic BW Tee-shirt.

Since moving to ATL, I lost touch with all of those guys and haven't followed then in a LONG time....should check out their latest offerings.

i dig the stoner rock, one of those bands i've always wanted to look into, thank for the reminder.

I've grabbing a few TAB shows from Dime, if anyone's interested in dlg your own, or if you want to get copies from me, just PM me. I think the samples sound pretty good.
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-b...&searchscope=1

I had a couple of their other discs. I enjoyed them but found I was playing them infrequently so I sold them off when I needed space. I was given a copy of Local Fuzz when it came out and fell in love with Atomic Bitchwax all over again. I just love how stoned out it is. Sorry I traded the others in.

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    Sorry I traded the others in.
    See my post above - you can get their entire catalog from their website for a $5 download.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    See my post above - you can get their entire catalog from their website for a $5 download.
    if those are MP3s, are the bitrates constant? if so, what rate are they?

I can't even get to their site on my work system. does the network block it or did TAB take the site down?
    Last edited by davis; 11-03-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Davis, I don't know enough about MP3s to answer that question about bitrates. I could be remiss in mentioning this offer since it was probably 6-12 months ago. It's possible it's no longer available. I'd have to go digging back through the Stoner thread to find the link.

^ okay. I don't have time to do that right now. I'll look around at home. thanks !