Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh Jon How you've aged

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, you seemed to be concerned about not getting your time back after opening the thread, yet felt it was worth your time to comment, anyway, and allow it to perpetuate. Seemed like odd behavior to me.
    If "odd behavior" equates to occasionally taking a chance on threads which seem unlikely to hold much interest, I think most of us here are in the nuthouse already.

Look, you kind of stood on a box about older musicians dying their hair, while citing an example of someone who doesn't when that someone clearly does ...

NBFD ... I'm just saying maybe we shouldn't really care how musicians choose to "look" in their later years.

818.jpgand_image_1338764570.jpg

He should be glad at that age he has hair to dye!!

He seems to be going for the distinguished archeologist look nowadays.

That's the comedian Gallagher, right?

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Or his brother Ron

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    At least he's aged better than Steve Howe.

Everyone has aged better than Steve! Even Gary Busey!

Quote Originally Posted by YESHEAD777 View Post
    Everyone has aged better than Steve! Even Keith Richards!
    Fixed
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    After he came down from the holy mountain.
    Birds could fly away, but mountains couldn't... So they got back to him this way.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    He seems to be going for the distinguished archeologist look nowadays.
    That's funny.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

does anyone get the feeling Anderson might be rejoining Yes?

Call me crazy but I am starting to get the feeling something like this might actually happen.

No

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    does anyone get the feeling Anderson might be rejoining Yes?

Call me crazy but I am starting to get the feeling something like this might actually happen.
    Awright!! 20 more pages!!

Lost a friend a couple of days ago to melanoma. She was 42. I am sure Jon (and the rest of us) are quite happy breathing the air...

Quote Originally Posted by cavgator View Post
    Awright!! 20 more pages!!

Lost a friend a couple of days ago to melanoma. She was 42. I am sure Jon (and the rest of us) are quite happy breathing the air...
    I shouldn't say this... But I lost my right arm to bone cancer at 7 and feel so fortunate to have stuck around. I'm really sorry for your loss.

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    I shouldn't say this... But I lost my right arm to bone cancer at 7 and feel so fortunate to have stuck around. I'm really sorry for your loss.
    And also my condolences to your 7-year old self to have had to go through that.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Thanks, folks. I suppose I brought that up to provide a little perspective. Our heroes (as we all are) aren't getting any younger. Every week, there seems to be a new RIP thread for someone we thought would never grow old. It could happen to them, or us (think of Yanks2014) at any time.

As the years roll forward, we are going to see more RIP threads for these folks, and for each other perhaps. Others among us will simply disappear from posting without a trace. Just look at some of our heroes today! Many appeared to have taken great care of themselves, while others look like they're ready to keel over. I wonder how many of them figured they would look like they do today back in the early 1970s when they were making Fragile, Trilogy, Meddle, Aqualung, Lizard, and Foxtrot (along with the many others)? I really had no idea how I would look at 58 when I was 18. Never gave it much thought.

But as the calendar continues to turn over, ever faster, I am becoming more acutely aware of my own mortality, and have become increasingly thankful I am alive, in good fitness and health, with a happy family, comfortable finances, a nice home with a great stereo, and friends all over, to include message boards like this one (even if we occasionally disagree on politics and history ). Time to smell dem roses!