Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New "UK" line-up announced at Eddie's site.-WOW!

Out standing in my field trespass's Avatar
    Other than Baja Prog have any more dates been announced?

Checked his website but couldn't find touring information.

Can anybody help with providing tour dates?

Thanks a million

Quote Originally Posted by trespass View Post
    Other than Baja Prog have any more dates been announced?

Checked his website but couldn't find touring information.

Can anybody help with providing tour dates?

Thanks a million
    No other dates besides the Baja Prog Fest have been officially announced, although the folks from the Highline Ballroom in NYC had prematurely announced last week that Jobson was playing there on the 19th of April and even announced tickets sales for the show starting last Friday. A few days after the announcement, the folks from the Highline Ballroom took out the date from their event calendar and cancelled the ticket sales. According to the ZL, the dates for the upcoming tour will be posted on on the 21st of December.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Recording Of Indeterminate Origin.
    Thank you.

As I said before,I mislabeled these guys as UK and of course that's wrong. This is really who they are:

April 6 - Baja Prog Festival - Mexicali, Mexico

See website for ticket packages - No VIP or Master Class at this show

April 8 - El Rey Theatre - Los Angeles, USA

$74.50 / $115 (VIP)

April 9 - Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, USA

$74.50 / $115 (VIP)

April 19 - Highline Ballroom - New York, USA

$74.50 / $115 (VIP)

April 21 - World Cafe Live - Philadelphia, USA

$74.50 / $115 (VIP)

April 27 - Gesù Amphitheatre - Montréal, Canada

$74.50 / $115 (VIP)

More dates to be announced soon...

VIP Ticket/Zealots 2013 Pass includes pre-show "'Understanding Music' - Master Class with the Maestro" and post-show meet-and-greet.

Wow. $74.50?!

Sounds like I'll be missing this one.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    As I said before,I mislabeled these guys as UK and of course that's wrong. This is really who they are:
    Curious that he left Jethro Tull off of that ad.

Cant wait for this tour!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Curious that he left Jethro Tull off of that ad.
    "Four decades tour", but he lists bands he was a member of for a 7 year period only! Still, would love to see it, but no Euro dates.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    "Four decades tour", but he lists bands he was a member of for a 7 year period only! Still, would love to see it, but no Euro dates.

Henry
    He really never 'joined' J.T. He was always referred to as a Special Guest,from [A] and through the tour. No more a member than Tom Brislin was in Yes,2001.

Big difference between Eddie and Tom B. The "A" album is full of Jobsonisms, to the extent that it sounds like he cowrote most of it! Given that it is a Jethro Tull album (although I know it did not start out as one) I think that Jobson's contribution to Tull is actually more like Moraz's to Yes. Imagine Moraz not referencing Yes in any promo material!

On the official Tull page, Ian wrote this about Eddie:

"Spotted by the group Curved Air, of whom he was a fan, he took up the brave and racy profession as their violinist, later joining Roxy Music and Frank Zappa before forming the almost-supergroup UK with Bill Bruford, and John Wetton which is what took him, temporarily into the clutches of Jethro Tull, first as support act and then on the "A" album in 1980 as a member of Tull."

I know were splitting hairs here, but since both Ian and Eddie say he was a member, I would have to take them at their word.

In Eddie's detailed explanation of his short time with Yes, he wrote "It was not a Guest Appearance; I was a member" - so maybe we will hear his rendition of Owner? Could be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wow. $74.50?!

Sounds like I'll be missing this one.
    You can get the DVD for $73.50, but it won't be as good as the camera phone bootleg on Dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

See website for ticket packages - No VIP or Master Class at this show ... snip ...

More dates to be announced soon...

VIP Ticket/Zealots 2013 Pass includes pre-show "'Understanding Music' - Master Class with the Maestro" and post-show meet-and-greet.
    Hmm ... if you're a member of the Zealots Lounge, probably not a good idea to be sharing what's posted there. It rather devalues the purpose if information from there is posted verbatim elsewhere.

Hey ... I know I'm probably opening the door to flames here, but the information will eventually be available to all after the Z'Lounge members get it first.

LC

p.s. nice new PE digs ... I finally logged-in here

Quote Originally Posted by LColacionHayes View Post
    Hmm ... if you're a member of the Zealots Lounge, probably not a good idea to be sharing what's posted there. It rather devalues the purpose if information from there is posted verbatim elsewhere.
    Actually Eddie posted the following on his forums page regarding this:

"I did also want to make a comment regarding the occasional forum remarks about having to "pay to get information" with our current structure. The idea of the Lounge is not to keep any information secret, any of it can be disseminated freely; in fact I will make greater efforts to make news more available both here on the forum and on the fan Facebook page."

He went on to say he would prefer his blog not be reposted, but as for information, such as tour dates, he has no problem. And frankly, the value of the Zealots Lounge, for me at least, is not to get information, but to go to the soundchecks and have access to the music and video clips posted exclusively on the Lounge site, and to support Eddie in his projects--hey I'm a huge fan and have no problem anteing up for this and certainly understand why others would want to pass.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I know were splitting hairs here, but since both Ian and Eddie say he was a member, I would have to take them at their word.
    Agreed. And FWIW, Ian has enthusiastically listed Eddie/UK tour dates on the Tull page last year

Also not mentioned in the ad, King Crimson, I know that was just overdubs etc, but still. A valid part of their history.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I like Eddie, but I'm not sure that I want to cough up 2X$74.50 or 2X$115 to see him and a bunch of hired chops guys play... something.

More expensive than uk! Ill have to consider this long and hard

Of Course I got tickets to the Philly show. At the meet n greet I am going to tell Sherwood we miss him....

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Of Course I got tickets to the Philly show. At the meet n greet I am going to tell Sherwood we miss him....
    How many times have you see him, Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    How many times have you see him, Anthony?
    This will be #4.....

For those located in the Miami area, the four piece UK will be playing a show just after the Cruise From The Edge. Ticket information at the following link.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

See website for ticket packages - No VIP or Master Class at this show

April 8 - El Rey Theatre - Los Angeles, USA

$74.50 / $115 (VIP)
    Lets see...

EJ and 15 other bands a few days earlier for $200, or EJ's band alone for $75...

I think I may have to pass on that El Rey concert this time around.
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Maybe you can wear your Ken Golden mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Nasser View Post
    Absolutely agreed.
    So what's the basis of thinking Sherwood doesn't belong with these guys? I think he's an excellent bassist. I think he's perfect for this lineup.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.