Thread: Patterson/Eyre full track with Hackett on guitar preview

Patterson/Eyre full track with Hackett on guitar preview

Hi guys

Here is the full track "So Long the Day" from the album Northlands by Tony Patterson and Brendan Eyre due on Esoteric Antenna on 24th Nov. The album is very melodic/symphonic in style . Guests include Steve Hackett on several tracks plus John Hackett and Nick Magnus. Tony was the highly regarded singer in the tribute band "ReGenesis" and Brendan is the keyboard player in Riversea. The album is very much about their North East roots and has a concept feel reflecting on a character going back to the North East after many years away.

Very nice, Vicky. If the rest of it is as compelling you should have a winner on your hands.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

It is extremely good if you like the melodic/symphonic /pastoral end of Prog, and Tony is an excellent vocalist and Brendan a terrific keyboard player. Anyone who liked the Riversea album which Brendan is one half of or BJH or Camel I think would really like this.

Yep, it has a definite BJH vibe to it. Love this track. Looking forward to hearing the full album.

Well, I have this album now for about a week and there hasn't been a day this past week that I haven't played it. Last time that happened was with the Lifesigns debut. Somehow this album really moves me. Besides shades of BJH and Camel I also hear a bit of the melancholy vibe of The Blue Nile on this one.

This one together with Nick Magnus' N'Monix album are homeruns from Esoteric Antenna. Coincidentally Nick Magnus guests on the Northlands album and Hackett can be heard on both.

Old man of prog
    This album has landed the final position on my official Top 10 of 2014. Very good.

The story behind the Northlands album.