Thread: Worse than neo-prog...

Worse than neo-prog...

,,,would be a Bewitched remake

http://tvline.com/2014/10/22/bewitch...granddaughter/

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

For everything new and original that we get from Hollywood, there's a least three reboots, sequels, or prequels that are utterly meaningless. The movie version totally blew it even though the casting director had the smarts of getting Nicole Kidman, the one actress that actually did resemble Elizabeth Montgomery. I've got no interest in this series. Not Larry Tate, no Metman.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Elizabeth Montgomery...there is no substitute

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Suspended
    To this day I still find myself saying "Well!" with the 'W' long drawn out and emphasised, and I had almost forgotten whence I picked up that mannerism. Thanks for reminding me.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    No Larry Tate, no Metman.
    Not just Larry, Endora, Uncle Arthur,, Dr Bombay, Aunt Clara - all very strong characters and such a well written show

One of the local over the air retro channels shows it, have caught a few since my baseball season ended

Great stuff

BG

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Now THIS should have been the inspiration for "Black Magic Woman"
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Now THIS should have been the inspiration for "Black Magic Woman"
    Loved her in The Legend of Lizzie Borden. She's the ultimate naked axe wielding murderess
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Wow.

MG

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wow
    I'm incredulous as well

Perhaps not quite as bad as thinking Kidman would be a suitable replacement for EM, but still

BG

Suspended
    The thing that shits me most about these remakes is the total shamelessness. "This was a successful show back in the day, we can't come up with decent ideas like that anymore, so we'll reboot it." There is not even any pretense that it's anything other than a way to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Man, she was gorgeous!

BTW, remember the game show, "Password?" Sometimes they would have "Celebrity Password" and Elizabeth was the undefeated champion... as smart as she was lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by WytchCrypt View Post
    Loved her in The Legend of Lizzie Borden. She's the ultimate naked axe wielding murderess
    Yeah, I remember that, it was a made-for-tv movie. Quite a departure from her Samantha Stevens character!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    The thing that shits me most about these remakes is the total shamelessness. "This was a successful show back in the day, we can't come up with decent ideas like that anymore, so we'll reboot it." There is not even any pretense that it's anything other than a way to make money.
    I hear ya! 90% of the movies they remake or tv shows they make into movies don't even come close to the quality of the originals. If they had any real respect for the originals, they'd let them be. But like the record industry, the film and tv industries are mostly afraid to take chances and are totally reliant on things that have proven successful in the past. Let's remake "Psycho"... are you kidding me?! Even a classic B movie like "Total Recall"... you think you're going to improve on that?! "Bedazzled:" Brendan Frazier is going to outdo Peter Cook and Dudley Moore? sigh...

Well, bear in mind also that the people that are apparently the market for something like this have been happy to hear the same 35 songs on the radio every day since 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Well, bear in mind also that the people that are apparently the market for something like this have been happy to hear the same 35 songs on the radio every day since 1978.
    And even they knew there was no substitute for Samantha!

BG

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    You hate all Marillion?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You hate all Marillion?
    I would only say this since you asked, but yeah, kinda

BG

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Worse than Neo-prog?

Ebola-prog?