Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Let's Hear It For Heart...

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing!

After all, this Prez admits he inhaled (a lot).
    You know damn well that it took everything he could do to not stand up and play some air guitar!

Banned
    I saw several posts on Facebook today that said that the original Heart lineup will play at the induction ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I saw several posts on Facebook today that said that the original Heart lineup will play at the induction ceremony.
    That should happen. When they first started out they were very much a band and not just Ann and Nancy with side players. I hope it happens.
    I think they are all alive.

Steve Sly

Interesting. I hope this is true. It does go against what Ann & Nanacy said shortly after being told they were inducted. Hopefully they've hade a change of, ahem, heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That should happen. When they first started out they were very much a band and not just Ann and Nancy with side players. I hope it happens.
    I think they are all alive.

Steve Sly
    I am not sure if you are aware, but it is not just the Wilson sisters being inducted into the R&RHOF. Roger Fisher, Steve Fossen, Howard Leese and Michael DeRosier were also included as part of Heart for the induction. All of them are still alive.

If they play together that would be great, but considering all the history between the Fisher brothers and the Wilson sisters, it might be asking too much. There has been plenty of inductees that have accepted the award, but not played on their induction ceremony. There is also the possibility of some of them not even showing up to the ceremony à la Axl Rose!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Interesting. I hope this is true. It does go against what Ann & Nanacy said shortly after being told they were inducted. Hopefully they've hade a change of, ahem, heart.
    If the Facebook post was legit and Roger Fisher could not have kept quiet about it, he might have screwed up the chance of a Heart reunion for the R&RHOF ceremony. There has been a lot of bad blood between the Wilson Sisters and the Fisher brothers. For him to blabber it on his Facebook page without the Wilson sisters blessing would appear to be a stupid move from his part. The Wilson sisters might see it as Fisher trying to upstage them.

There is also the possibility that the Facebook announcement might have been wishful thinking from Fisher's part, some way for him to gather attention or someone impersonating him on Facebook. Apparently the Facebook statement was removed shortly after being posted and there has been no mention of the original lineup playing at the ceremony on Fisher's official website. Neither a statement from the Wilson sisters confirming a change from their comments at the time their induction to the R&RHOF was announced. When Ann Wilson was asked if she had any plans to regroup the original line-up for a performance at the HOF ceremony in Los Angeles she answered, "No. Nope". She also commented "We've been playing with our current band way, way longer than that. This is one of those things we'll need to dust off among ourselves. But we're both really happy if the initial lineup of guys gets acknowledged".

On other Heart related news, Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) will be inducting Heart into the R&RHOF.

Howard Leese is probably relieved that he won't have to teach Roger Fisher how to play the leads on Magic Man for the umpteenth time.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    If the Facebook post was legit and Roger Fisher could not have kept quiet about it, he might have screwed up the chance of a Heart reunion for the R&RHOF ceremony. There has been a lot of bad blood between the Wilson Sisters and the Fisher brothers. For him to blabber it on his Facebook page without the Wilson sisters blessing would appear to be a stupid move from his part. The Wilson sisters might see it as Fisher trying to upstage them.

There is also the possibility that the Facebook announcement might have been wishful thinking from Fisher's part, some way for him to gather attention or someone impersonating him on Facebook. Apparently the Facebook statement was removed shortly after being posted and there has been no mention of the original lineup playing at the ceremony on Fisher's official website. Neither a statement from the Wilson sisters confirming a change from their comments at the time their induction to the R&RHOF was announced. When Ann Wilson was asked if she had any plans to regroup the original line-up for a performance at the HOF ceremony in Los Angeles she answered, "No. Nope". She also commented "We've been playing with our current band way, way longer than that. This is one of those things we'll need to dust off among ourselves. But we're both really happy if the initial lineup of guys gets acknowledged".

On other Heart related news, Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) will be inducting Heart into the R&RHOF.
    The post wasn't from Roger Fisher. It was on a classic rock mag I "liked".

The post wasn't from Roger Fisher. It was on a classic rock mag I "liked".
    The Facebook post I was talking about was allegedly from Fisher's Facebook page. Before I wrote my comment, I read on several news outlets that the "original" lineup of Heart was playing together at the R&RHOF ceremony. On every one of the articles I read, a post on Fisher's Facebook page was cited as the source of the announcement. Interestingly enough, most of the articles also state that the Facebook post was removed and that the announcement was contrary to what the Wilson sisters commented shortly after they got the news they were getting inducted into the R&RHOF.

If the classic line-up doesn't play, that equals FAIL in my book. I fully appreciate and support the Wilson sisters for carrying on and playing out as Heart with the new band but it's the band that recorded Dreamboat Annie (mostly), Little Queen and Dog and Butterfly that's getting them in the HoF and that's the band I want to see play. Of course, I feel that any band or artist with integrity would show up at the induction ceremony, take a dump on the stage and then leave, but that's just me.

Lino
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I still have a serious crush on Nancy

Now there's as sexy mature woman. Yowsa. She looks hotter than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    If the classic line-up doesn't play, that equals FAIL in my book.
    I have enjoyed every era of Heart. For me, it wouldn't matter who performed with the sisters.

Lino
    ...and yes, Heart is a great rock band who deserve whatever recognition they get.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    If the classic line-up doesn't play, that equals FAIL in my book. I fully appreciate and support the Wilson sisters for carrying on and playing out as Heart with the new band but it's the band that recorded Dreamboat Annie (mostly), Little Queen and Dog and Butterfly that's getting them in the HoF and that's the band I want to see play. Of course, I feel that any band or artist with integrity would show up at the induction ceremony, take a dump on the stage and then leave, but that's just me.
    It is an awards ceremony, the inductees are not required to play. You claim to support the Wilson sisters for carrying on and playing as Heart, but cannot support their decision of not playing with the old members? Are you aware that Nancy dated Roger Fisher and Michael DeRosier and both relationships ended because Nancy found out they were fooling around while they were dating her? Roger Fisher was thrown out of the band shortly after a violent outburst where he threw a guitar towards a wall narrowly missing Nancy. Roger's older brother Mike was Heart's manager and he dated Ann until she found out he was cheating on her. Based on all of their past history, I don't feel that it would be reasonable to expect the Wilson sisters joining some of the players from the old lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    It is an awards ceremony, the inductees are not required to play. You claim to support the Wilson sisters for carrying on and playing as Heart, but cannot support their decision of not playing with the old members? Are you aware that Nancy dated Roger Fisher and Michael DeRosier and both relationships ended because Nancy found out they were fooling around while they were dating her? Roger Fisher was thrown out of the band shortly after a violent outburst where he threw a guitar towards a wall narrowly missing Nancy. Roger's older brother Mike was Heart's manager and he dated Ann until she found out he was cheating on her. Based on all of their past history, I don't feel that it would be reasonable to expect the Wilson sisters joining some of the players from the old lineup.
    I don't care about the past politics of the band (of which, yes, I am fully aware). I'm saying they should get past that and play the show with that line up for at least a song or two or not play at all (a perfectly valid choice, imo). I also know the chances of that happening are 1,000,000 to 1. It's just what I personally would want to tune in for. It's all about the context of their history as a band and what they're being honored for, not any comment on the band as it stands now (which is an absolutely killer bunch of players, btw).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Now there's as sexy mature woman. Yowsa. She looks hotter than ever!
    Not to burst your bubble, but I think that's an older pic. She has a few more winkles now, but she is still hot.