Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Hear It For Heart...

I have a serious crush on Ann. I don't care if she's 120 pounds or 1,000.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I believe that Desire Walks On was released in '93. Btw, it's good too hear you speak so highly of Passionworks. I got in a three pack with Bebe Le Strange and Private Audition, and it totally rocks!!!
    You are correct. Thank you and I've corrected my OP. And, yes, Passionworks definitely rocks!

Nice to see some love 'round here for a band that has always been about love....

Peace,
    Alex

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    : up Those early albums kicked ass !! And I'm going to say it, - It's damn near Prog. Wilson sisters Rule !
    Heart is prog, complete with a singer that could play flute like Peter Gabriel or Ian Anderson.

Heart is prog, complete with a singer that could play flute like Peter Gabriel or Ian Anderson.
    As much as I love early Heart, they are not prog. They are a hard rock band ala Zeppelin, but with that mid-'70s feel. Ann is on par with Gabriel on flute but nowhere near Ian, imho.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    As much as I love early Heart, they are not prog. They are a hard rock band ala Zeppelin, but with that mid-'70s feel. Ann is on par with Gabriel on flute but nowhere near Ian, imho.
    I disagree with that last part. Have you ever heard the song Sing Child Sing?

I disagree with that last part. Have you ever heard the song Sing Child Sing?
    Yes, many times. I've had that album since it came out. It's ok to disagree. We all have our opinions.

Banned
    Yes, many times. I've had that album since it came out. It's ok to disagree. We all have our opinions.
    All I'm saying is that she gave Mr. Anderson a run for his money in terms of the flute playing on that song.

The R&RHOF has way too many jokes in its halls to be taken seriously. I congratulated Heart a long, long time ago. That was when they deserved to be called the greatest female fronted Rock band oof all time.

Playing Dog & Butterfly at the moment. For me this is their peak.

QFT
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I will always have a soft spot for Heart...first live band I ever saw in 1982 when they were the opening band for Queen at Milton Keynes Bowl.

The last time I saw them they were playing a free concert in Universal Theme Park, Orlando and I was surprised the set list omitted most of their 80's hits

Would love to see them back in the UK sometime
    Permission To Rock - Volume One
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/247182
    featuring Barclay James Harvest, Fish, Marillion, Beardfish, Yes + more

Kerry speaks the truth again!!

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Heart kick ass! Anyone who judges this band on their Dianne Warren period is a fool -- a fool, I tell you!

Go get everything from "Dreamboat Annie" to "Bebe le Strange" right now.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by MindFur View Post
    Kerry speaks the truth again!!
    Trust me, it gets me into trouble sometimes (the truth, that is)! Thanks, man.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Back in the 70s when Heart were new-ish, two of my friends somehow got the number of Nancy Wilson's management and called her and left some dopey message for her. They didn't think anything would come of it, so went out, and when they got home the mom of one of my friends told them Nancy Wilson had called back for them. It was true, and they missed it! Agh!

Very happy to see Heart going in. Anyone who is a fan and hasn't heard their new release Fanatic needs to do so-half VERY rocking, a few cool folksy tunes, and a couple catchy pop songs. Classic Heart!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Red Velvet Car is an excellent album as well. So to was 2004's Jupiter's Darling.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

congrats to them. killer band but when they lost roger fisher i sort of lost interest. the sisters ran the band but the ace in the hole was rogers guitar playing. wild, all over the place unpredicatable but mostly interesting. they never really got another flashy guitar player again seemed they were happy with guitar playing that sounded just like every one else doing aor and fm radio heavy rock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    congrats to them. killer band but when they lost roger fisher i sort of lost interest. the sisters ran the band but the ace in the hole was rogers guitar playing. wild, all over the place unpredicatable but mostly interesting. they never really got another flashy guitar player again seemed they were happy with guitar playing that sounded just like every one else doing aor and fm radio heavy rock.
    Bebe Le Strange is an excellent release, and Roger isn't on there. Plus, if Behind The Music is to be believed, he didn't leave the band on good terms(apparently, he threw a hissy fit when his guitar stopped working onstage; he tried to smash in to bits on stage, then he tried to connect it with Nancy's head backstage). Plus, he was a member of Alias(who had a hit with More Than Words Can Say) with Steve Fossen and Mike DeRosier.

(apparently, he threw a hissy fit when his guitar stopped working onstage; he tried to smash in to bits on stage, then he tried to connect it with Nancy's head backstage)
    Well, that was the culmination of a lot of frustration, a lot of which stemmed from issues being in a relationship with... Nancy, I think? Anyway, he definitely had a lot to do with the band's sound. So did DeRosier. Bebe Le Strange was ok, but it was the end, and a far cry from Dog and Butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Well, that was the culmination of a lot of frustration, a lot of which stemmed from issues being in a relationship with... Nancy, I think? Anyway, he definitely had a lot to do with the band's sound. So did DeRosier. Bebe Le Strange was ok, but it was the end, and a far cry from Dog and Butterfly.
    Agreed. BeBe Le Strange is decent,imo, but nowhere near D & B, which I find to be their peak.

And yes he was with Nancy. His brother Mike was with Ann.

Roger still plays around the area occasionally.

So has anyone heard exactly who is inducted into the HoF besides the Wilsons? I sure hope the early band members aren't neglected.

So has anyone heard exactly who is inducted into the HoF besides the Wilsons? I sure hope the early band members aren't neglected.
    Do they actually do that, induct only certain members of a group? I might be a bit naive 'bout all of this but didn't they induct Heart? And they certainly can't be defining that as the current band because nobody in this current band, while good, had anything to do with their glory years. Howard Leese was the last mainstay and he's been gone since 1999!

Peace,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ajcmixer View Post
    Do they actually do that, induct only certain members of a group?
    Well, I had heard that Bob Welch wasn't inducted along with Fleetwood Mac, while I believe just about everyone else that ever played with them was.

I'm not sure if there are other examples, without looking.

Banned
    Well, I had heard that Bob Welch wasn't inducted along with Fleetwood Mac, while I believe just about everyone else that ever played with them was.

I'm not sure if there are other examples, without looking.
    Only the '70-'75(post Ant) lineup was inducted. Despite Ant not being inducted, he was mentioned in Trey's induction speech.

Yeah - I didn't see Ray Wilson up there, either.

No idea who determines who the "inducted members" are for any given act, however.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yeah - I didn't see Ray Wilson up there, either.

No idea who determines who the "inducted members" are for any given act, however.
    Well, Ray wasn't an important part of Genesis. Ant was so important that Genesis considered disbanding when he left. Also, Steve did play similarly to Ant on his first few Genesis releases.