Thread: Yet another Genesis box set...

Yet another Genesis box set...

This popped up on a link on Amazon UK earlier today...first I have heard of it. A large book and 4 DVD's -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/REVELATION-G...ywords=genesis

It seems to be one of those unauthorised jobs, but a large book and 4 dvd's seems quite extravagant for something that is unauthorised.

And there is little information about the product...does it include actual interviews with the band, are they new or just archive stuff, is there much live footage on the DVD's.

I have looked around the net and cannot find anymore detailed info on it.
    Last edited by Rogue Mail; 10-23-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    You provided the wrong link, this goes to that Gerry Anderson set. Where's the Genesis set?

So its Like The Sum of All Parts.....Hackett unauthorized it

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You provided the wrong link, this goes to that Gerry Anderson set. Where's the Genesis set?
    I don't know. The 3rd from the left in that Trailer still shot looks a little like Phil Collins.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Maybe he got confused.

Whoops...wrong link...correct link below -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/REVELATION-G...ywords=genesis

Livened up the thread though, didn't it?

From the Amazon page:

REVELATION TO GENESIS UNCUT HARDBACK BOOK AND 4 DVD SET This Illustrated Limited Edition hardback book together with four DVD s provides an insight into the unique journey of one of the most important and influential British groups of all time Genesis. This is the independent guide to the Super group Genesis, following the origins of the band with its founding members Tony Banks(keyboards) and Mike Rutherford (bass, guitar); and Phil Collins (vocals, drums), who joined in 1970, to the years when the legendary Peter Gabriel was the front man of the band. The book charts the rise of Genesis as global band and reflects how they have sustained success despite having undergone several personnel changes throughout its history.

[emphasis mine]
    flute juice

Yeah...thanks...I read that too...

But as it is vague as to what the actual dvd's contain and the content of the book, who wrote it, where the source material derives from etc I thought someone, somewhere may have some more info.

What intrigues me is that we are used to these unauthorised dvd's and CD's of various bands, which are usually pretty bad...but to go to the trouble of making a large format hardback book and 4 dvd's...it can't just be me that thinks it is a little curious, surely?

Looks like there's a similar LZ set "You Shook Me" out and a PF "50 Years on the Dark Side" set is forthcoming, too.
    http://www.amazon.com/You-Shook-Me-L.../dp/B00KH6HXVQ
    http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Floyd-Yea.../dp/B00KH6JTMW

These made it over to Amazon.com, so maybe any others will as well.

I notice the same reviewer has given 5 stars to all three box sets, and appears to be similarly effusive about all sorts of box sets.

Why such fascination with Genesis all of a sudden? What I want to know is if it is because Genesis were a huge commercial success or does it have as much to do with their progressive rock side? If it's the latter then where are all the four cd sets and anthologies of Gentle Giant and King Crimson?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Why such fascination with Genesis all of a sudden? What I want to know is if it is because Genesis were a huge commercial success or does it have as much to do with their progressive rock side? If it's the latter then where are all the four cd sets and anthologies of Gentle Giant and King Crimson?
    Robert Fripp says: "only four CDs? Wusses."

Hmm, let's see........no indication whatsoever of what is on these DVD's, no information about them from any official source, same amazon user gives them all 5 stars. Yeah, seems legit