Thread: CD ripping

CD ripping

Can I get recommendations for a good, reliable ripping program? free or not, I don't care. Or tell me how to fix WMP. It will Not allow me to reassign the destination of ripped songs from one external hard drive to another. I can change the destination but it still rips to the hard drive I have been using instead of to the new one.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Click on Download in the list of links on the left (not one of the misleading advertisements in the middle of the page).

thanks Gerhard. I'll give that a try. Does it create a folder & put the ripped file into the folder?
    Last edited by davis; 10-22-2014 at 09:48 AM.

I only started using EAC relatively recently, so may not be familiar with all of its features, but you can certainly specify into which folder you want it to place ripped tracks. From what I understand, EAC is known mainly for accuracy of rips, which is important to me.

I have been using Roxio Easy cd/dvd for the past couple years to downlaod and copy discs and seems to work fine. It wasn't free but wasn't that much. I also purchased a program to convert some downloads to flac so I could burn them to disc.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I have been using Roxio Easy cd/dvd for the past couple years to downlaod and copy discs and seems to work fine. It wasn't free but wasn't that much. I also purchased a program to convert some downloads to flac so I could burn them to disc.
    Is there a version of that that works with Windows 7? I used to use the Roxiio Easy Creator I think on XP. it wouldn't work right on Vista so I started using WMP, but something is wrong with that now. so here I am.

this version has several really bad reviews, initially, but going beyond those are some great reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Cd-Dvd-Bu...26+dvd+burning

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Is there a version of that that works with Windows 7? I used to use the Roxiio Easy Creator I think on XP. it wouldn't work right on Vista so I started using WMP, but something is wrong with that now. so here I am.
    I have Vista and it seems to be working fine.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I ordered Easy Cd and Dvd Burning 2011 last night. says it works with Windows 7. can't go wrong for $13.

I rip since the mid-90s and have used dozens of apps. Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is by far the best when it comes to accuracy, which is the most important aspect of audio ripping.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS