Thread: The Watch - white show (lamb lies down on broadway)

Orcopian

The Watch - white show (lamb lies down on broadway)

Has anyone seen this latest show by The Watch? I'm going to see them on Sunday and was wondering if they play the full lamb all the way through?

I saw them a couple of years ago with their green show (selling England...) and as far as I can remember they played all the tracks but not in the correct order and also played some of their own material ( which was fine by me) mixed in.

It would be good to hear the lamb all the way through in the correct order but I thought I'd ask to manage my expectations.

It's a full on genesis week for me as I'm seeing steve Hackett a few days later, it will be quite a contrast but I'm looking forward to both and I would guess there will only be 3 or 4 tracks overlapping.

I'm not a huge tribute band fan, most of the ones I've seen have been pretty professional but a bit cold, the watch by contrast play with a great passion, just focus on the music and play it incredibly well. Their own material is very strong as well.
    Last edited by Orcopian; 10-21-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Suspended
    The Genesis tribute band that seem to get the most plaudits is The Musical Box.

I haven't seen either them or The Watch, but if either of them toured here and presented The Lamb, I'd want to go, since I have very little hope of ever seeing/hearing the album done by the band that did it originally.

Hi. I saw the show in Glasgow earlier in the year and from memory they played everything except "the waiting room". However, they broke the sequence with one or two of their own songs (good songs though), before doing a couple of older Genesis numbers as part of the encore. I've seen them a few times and they are always very, very good, so go and enjoy yourself - I doubt you'll be disappointed. The Musical Box are a different thing entirely - very cold and clinical recreations but with no real interaction with the audience. The Watch are much more intimate and feed off the crowd, so there is atmosphere.

I'm seeing Hackett (again) on Saturday - cannot wait. Last GR show was amazingly good.

Yes I saw this show in Manchester a few months back and it was great, they put on a great show and their "Steve Hackett" is fantastic!

Orcopian
    That's great, thanks for the info I'm really looking forward to this. I agree their guitarist is excellent, I remember the first time I saw them he sat down for the whole gig and only stood up for the final solo in suppers ready- very simple but very effective and memorable.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Here's the full show on DVD for you. I've watched some of it, very enjoyable. I think an audio only version may still be up as well. I've seen the Watch twice, love both their original material and their Genesis shows!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=494014

Here's a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFqg...qMhVSPg0H18NqQ