Thread: Bert Lams/Tom Griesgraber Duo CD nominated for Grammy awards!

Bert Lams/Tom Griesgraber Duo CD nominated for Grammy awards!

From Tom and Bert's FB page:

Exciting news! Our album "Unnamed Lands" has made it onto this year's Grammy Ballot! We're up for nominations under:

Best Contemporary Instrumental Album - Unnamed Lands
    Best Instrumental Composition - "Rebecca"
    Best New Artist - Tom Griesgraber and Bert Lams
    Album Of The Year - Unnamed Lands

We are also up for consideration under Best Packaging, Best Engineering and Best Liner Notes (categories determined in part by craft committees).

It really is an excellent album - couldn't happen to a nicer couple of guys!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Bert's solo album, Nascent (2005), is also excellent (all Bach pieces on steel-string guitar). His rendition of the 'Ciaccona', also found on the first CGT album, is of the highest standard.

Wow. Wasn't it released in 2012? Well, let's not nitpick. They are indeed a couple of the nicest guys you could meet & deserve all the recognition and then some. This album really is something else.

If any fans here haven't heard about it, the duo's live disc is also pretty sweet. I think it's only available direct from Tom (which of course is a great way to buy Unnamed Lands too).
    http://thossounds.com/store.html

Packaging is indeed also very nice. I love Tom's other soloalbums too and also ordered the Agent 22-album a couple of months ago from the DGM-shop. Although I guess he uses also synths through his Chapman Stick, I really love the pure sound he produces from the instrument.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Saw Bert on Thursday night with the CGT/MCT; he must be too modest to have said anything re: same. BTW, the show was great. Third time seeing CGT! MCT were fantastic as well.